Sew it yourself! 40’ UV Insignia Suncover Kit contains everything needed to add a sacrificial sun cover to a furling sail. Protect with the best! Sunbrella is the most popular choice, but the fabric is heavy. Insignia UV Dacron is a much better choice for boats under 30 feet, as it is lighter.
The width of the sacrificial strip should span the exposed edge of the sail when rolled onto the forestay (add 6” for sloppy furling). If the sail is not available for measurement in its furled state, the table below can be used to determine width.
40’ UV Insignia Suncover Kit Includes:
- 14 yd. 10″ Adhesive Backed UV Insignia Dacron
- 41 ft. White 2″ UV Tape Dacron
- 2 cones V-69 White UV Polyester Thread
- Seamstick 3/8″ Basting Tape
- Sacrificial Sail Suncover & Luff Tape Conversion Kit Instructions
|Max. Cover Length (Leech+Foot)
||Max. Panel Width
||Typical Boat LOA|
Note: Install UV Insignia on new or nearly new sails. Wrinkles make proper installation difficult.
Select the proper kit by adding the sail's leech and foot edge dimensions.