Sew and assemble it yourself! Bimini Kit Complete 3-Bow 7/8” Aluminum Frame, Fittings, and Sunbrella is a complete kit that allows you to sew it yourself and build a custom bimini. A bimini top provides protection from the sun and shelter from rain and spray. This bimini kit comes complete with everything needed to build a bimini from fabric and patterning material to frame tubing and DVD instructions. Enhance the bimini with additional options with zippers and window material to create curtains, bridge panel attachments, backstay slits, or a window for improved mainsail visibility.
This bimini kit includes a 3-bow frame made from 7/8” bright, anodized aluminum. All tubing bows are pre-bent with Sailrite’s custom jig. To lower shipping costs and allow for greater customization, the bows are cut just beyond each bend, making it possible to reduce the width and height of each frame. The "hockey stick" section of each bow is fitted with aluminum splines and riveted into the appropriate place. This bimini also includes Universal Deck Hinges, which feature pivoting hinges to adjust for many different deck angles.
To select the appropriate kit, determine the desired width and height for the bimini. To decide the width, determine where the frame will be mounted on the starboard and port sides of the boat. Measure across the boat from one mounting point to the other. The maximum height is limited to the length of the longest bow and depends on the angle of the bow when the frame is in place (actual headspace will vary). Length of the top also varies depending upon the angle of the bows. Frame tubing can be cut down to size with a hack saw or tube cutter.
3-Bow Bimini Frame Specifications:
- Maximum Width: 106 inches
- Longest Leg Length: 57 inches (before crown and fittings, add about 5")
- Nominal Height at Maximum Spread: 41 inches (As height increases above nominal height, the maximum spread decreases)
- Maximum Spread (fore and aft): 84 inches
- Maximum Distance Between Bows: 42 inches
Bimini Kit Complete 3-Bow 7/8” Aluminum Frame, Fittings and Sunbrella Includes:
- 10 yd. 46″ Wide Sunbrella Color—Select color from drop down menu
- 70 ft. Matching 1″ Binding
- 2 V-92 White Polyester UV Thread 1oz (250 Yds)
- 4 YKK® Zipper #10 Vislon® 60″ White Plastic Single Locking Pull
- 7 yd. Dura Skrim 2 Patterning Material 74″
- 36 ft. White Nylon 1″ Webbing 2200#
- 8 YKK® Zipper #10 Vislon® Stainless Steel Top Stop
- 1 YKK® Zipper #10 Vislon® 36″ White Plastic Single Locking Pull
- Seamstick 3/8″ Basting Tape for Canvas (50 Yds)
- 4 Loop Loc Plastic Black 1″
- 4 Webbing Slider Stainless Steel 1″
- 4 Snap Hook Stainless Steel 1″
- 6 Stainless Steel Eye Ends 7/8″
- 4 Stainless Steel Jaw Slides 7/8″
- 2 Universal Deck Hinges Stainless Steel
- 6 Stainless Steel Grooved Rivet (for Bimini and Doger Frames)
- 8 Screw Flat Head Wood 6 x 3/4" Stainless Steel
- 4 Stainless Steel Phillips Oval Head Tapping Screw #10 x 1″
- 3 Bow 7/8" Aluminum Frame Only (No Fittings)
- 3M Filament Strapping Tape 3/4″
- Sailrite Adhesive Backed Logo
- Make your Own Bimini DVD (Includes PDF Instructions)
Sewing machine, scissors, riveting gun, and tube cutting tool or hacksaw are required for construction. We also recommend the Drill Steadying Tool and a Soapstone Marking Pencil.