Ditty Bag Kit
Sew it yourself! Ditty Bag Kit is a canvas bag kit based on Emiliano Marino’s plans in The Sailmaker’s Apprentice. Learn various hand-sewing techniques used in traditional sailmaking while constructing this bag. A ditty bag is a great way to hold small items and sewing notions. Instructions are not included in this kit, but can be found in The Sailmaker’s Apprentice.
Ditty Bag Kit Includes:
- 1 yd. Off White 10 oz. Cotton Duck 36″ fabric
- 175 ft. 3-Ply White Twine
- 4 Brass Round Thimbles 5/8″
- 180 yd. Coarse Polyester Speedy Stitcher Sewing Awl Thread #150
- 18 ft. Twisted Manila Rope 1/4″ Diameter
- 1 Composition wax cup
- 1 #16 Hand sewing needle
- 1 Yellow marking pencil
Additional recommended tools include: a swivel bench hook, an adjustable palm, and push pins.