Dodger Kit 3-Bow 1" Stainless Steel Frame, Fittings & Sunbrella
Please select options before adding to cart
Sew and assemble it yourself! Dodger Kit Complete 3-Bow 1” Stainless Steel Frame, Fittings & Sunbrella comes complete with everything needed to build your own dodger. A dodger top, or spray hood, is an easy and affordable way to provide protection from the sun, as well as shelter from rain and spray. The Sailrite 3-Bow Dodger Kit features a marine grade 304 stainless steel frame that can be folded out of the way when not in use, a long-lasting Sunbrella cover, and top-quality O’Sea window material. Not only will this completed dodger rival one from a canvas shop, but it is also more affordable to do-it-yourself!
This adjustable 3-bow frame is made from 1” marine grade 304 stainless steel with a Super Buff finish. All tubing bows are pre-bent with Sailrite’s custom jig. To lower shipping costs and allow for greater customization, the bows are cut just beyond each bend, making it possible to reduce the width and height of each frame. Make width adjustments by cutting the crowned center tubing. The "hockey stick" section of each bow is fitted with marine grade 304 stainless steel splines and riveted into the appropriate place. This Dodger Kit also includes Universal Deck Hinges, made of marine grade 316 stainless steel and feature pivoting hinges to adjust for many different deck angles.
To select the appropriate kit, first determine the desired width and height for the dodger. To determine the width, decide where the dodger frame will be mounted on the starboard and port sides of the boat. Measure across the boat from one mounting point to the other. Maximum height is limited to the length of the longest bow and dependent upon the angle of the bow when the frame is in place (actual headroom will vary). The length of the dodger's top also varies depending upon the angle of the bows. Frames can be easily reduced in size by cutting the tubing with a hacksaw or a horizontal band saw.
- 12 yd. 46" Sunbrella Marine Grade Fabric—Select color from drop down menu
- 30 feet Matching 1" Binding
- 2 cones 1 ounce V-92 White UV Polyester Thread
- 1 sheet O’Sea Polished 30 Gauge Clear Vinyl 54" x 110"
- 2 YKK® Zipper #10 Vislon® 36" White Plastic Single Locking Pull
- 2 YKK® Zipper #10 Vislon® 60" White Plastic Single Locking Pull
- 4 YKK® Zipper #10 Vislon® Stainless Steel Top Stops
- 9 yards Dura Skrim Patterning Material
- 3 feet White Polyester Velcro Hook 1"
- 3 feet White Polyester Velcro Loop 1"
- 1 foot Pearl Gray Cowhide 2-3oz. Leather
- 18 feet Nylon 1" Webbing White 2200#
- Snap Fastener Installation Tool
- Seamstick 3/8" Basting Tape for Canvas
- 1 Bobbin Waxed 5-ply Twine
- #16 Hand Sewing Needle
- 2 Black Plastic 1" Loop Locs
- 2 Webbing Sliders 316 Stainless Steel 1"
- 2 Snap Hooks 316 Stainless Steel 1"
- 50 Snap Fastener Buttons Silver 11/64" Barrel (Nickel-Plated)
- 12 Snap Fastener & Pull-The-Dot Eyelets 1/4″ (Nickel-Plated)
- 12 Snap Fastener Standard Cloth-to-Cloth Studs (Nickel-Plated)
- 25 Snap Fastener Normal Action Socket (Nickel-Plated)
- 25 Snap Fastener Screw Stud 3/8″, 8-15 Self-Tapping (Nickel-Plated)
- 10 Twist Lock Fastener 2 Screw Studs (Nickel-Plated)
- 20 Flat Head 6 x 1/2″ Screws 316 Stainless Steel
- 10 Twist Lock Washers (Nickel-Plated)
- 10 Common Sense Faster Eyelets (Nickel-Plated)
- 6 Eye Ends 316 Stainless Steel 1″
- 2 Universal Deck Hinges 316 Stainless Steel
- 4 Jaw Slides 316 Stainless Steel 1″
- 2 Strap Eyes 316 Stainless Steel
- 4 Flat Head Wood Screw 6 x 3/4″ Stainless Steel
- 4 Stainless Steel Phillips Oval Head Tapping Screw #10 x 1″
- 6 Grooved Rivets Stainless Steel (For Bimini & Dodger Frames)
- 2 Buckle Cam White 1″
- 16 feet White Nylon Webbing 1″ 1100#
- 3-Bow 1″ Marine Grade 304 Stainless Steel Frame
- Sailrite Adhesive Backed Logo
- Make Your Own Dodger DVD
Please Note: Dodger Kits do not include a zipper to roll up the front window panel. There is usually enough extra fabric to sew side curtains.
Sewing machine, scissors or hot knife, basic hand tools, a riveting gun, and a hacksaw or horizontal band saw are required to complete this kit. Sailrite also recommends using a Drill Steadying Tool and a Soapstone Marking Pencil.
Stainless Steel Care & Cleaning:
With proper care and cleaning, stainless steel can be maintained for a lifetime in excellent condition. Many people are surprised to learn that in the presence of chloride salts, free chlorine, or sulfide gases, stainless steel can take on a brownish tint, also called a patina, or oxidize and even corrode. These elements are present in various environments, including: ocean spray, salted highways, chemical treatments added to swimming pools, and even some ground water in numerous coastal areas.
The stainless steel tubing manufacturer recommends the following to properly maintain your stainless steel:
- Wash regularly with fresh water and a high-quality detergent
- Clean with a car chrome polish
- Wax with either a car or fiberglass wax
- DO NOT clean with chlorinated cleaners (no bleach) or scouring powders
- DO NOT use sand paper or abrasive cleaners on buffed or mirror finished metals
- DO NOT clean with muratic or hydrochloric acids