For those who prefer a nonmetal, twist-lock fastener you cannot beat Permalock. Manufactured from DuPont's noncorrosive, UV stabilized Zytel, Permalocks are very durable (except when placed where they can be stepped on) and hold up well in the sun. Sold Each (Complete Set).
Installation is easy. The stud is secured with rivets and a backplate or with screws (with rivets requires snap fastener installation tool). The eyelet is simply squeezed together by hand and the hole cut out with a hot knife or scissors. Black in color.
Permalock Fastener Complete With Rivets Cloth-to-Cloth White Measurements:
- Height: 13/16 inch (including base of stud)
- Length: 1-5/16 inch
- Width: 3/8 inch
- Distance between rivets: 15/16 inch
- Backplate: 1/16 inch thick
- Stud can be installed in assemblies up to 3/16 inch thick with included rivet
- Thickness: 1/16 inch (each of the two parts would be 1/8 inch)
- Length: 1-1/3 inch
- Width: 7/8 inch
- Distance from opening to side: 3/8 inch
- Distance from opening to bottom 5/8 inch
- Eyelet can be installed in assemblies up to 1/8 inch thick