Sail Cover Kit for Booms to 10 Feet
Please select options before adding to cart
Sew it yourself! Sail Cover Kit for Booms to 10 Feet lets you make your own mainsail cover. Cover and protect your mainsail when flaked with this throated sail cover. The sail cover fastens under the boom with Common Sense (Twist Lock) fasteners with a snap button finish to provide a clean look and reduce chafe. Secure the cover around the mast with a marine zipper. This sail cover pattern features pre-plotted, long-lasting Sunbrella fabric for easy construction. Only a sewing machine and scissors are needed for construction. Approximate construction time is 4 hours.
To determine which sail cover kit is right for your boat, measure the length of the boom (dimension "E") from the mast to its end (not including the mast width). Choose the kit with length equal to or greater then the length of your boom.
|Maximum Boom Length:||10 feet|
Lazy Jack Slits: The mainsail cover pattern instructions include directions for creating lazy jack slits. If required, order an additional 6 feet of 1" acrylic binding tape and 3 Common Sense (twist-lock) fasteners for each slit.
- 46″ Sunbrella Fabric - Select color from drop down menu
- YKK® Zipper #10 Vislon® 48″ White Plastic Single Locking Pull
- 1 oz. V-92 White UV Polyester Thread
- Seamstick 3/8″ Basting Tape for Canvas
- Pearl Grey Cowhide 2-3oz Leather
- Leechline Dacron 5/32″
- Snap Fastener Installation Tool
- Common Sense Fastener Eyelets
- Common Sense Washers
- Common Sense Fastener 2 Screw Studs
- Snap Fastener Button Silver 11/64″ Barrel (Nickel Plated)
- Sailrite Adhesive Backed Logo
- Sail Cover Kit Instructions (All Sizes)