Sew it yourself! Sleeve Furling Cover Kit 57 – 63′ Luff – SurLast Fabric lets you make your own furled sail cover. When using a modern reefing/furling unit, sails need protection from UV exposure. Without a cover the furled sail can rot. Made from UV resistant SurLast fabric, this sleeve furling cover keeps sails sheltered and protected.
A genoa cover is pulled up over the furled sail on an extra halyard. Roller furling covers are a great choice for older sails or for racers who don’t always want the extra weight of a sacrificial sun cover.
Luff size: 57-63 feet
Maximum diameter: 9 inches
Sleeve size should be at least the length of the sail’s luff (forward) edge.
Sleeve Furling Cover Kit 57′ – 63′ Luff – SurLast Fabric Includes:
- 11 yd. Surlast Fabric—Select color from drop down menu
- 2 cones V-69 White UV Polyester Thread
- 2 ft. White 1″ Polyester Webbing 1500#
- YKK® Zipper #10 Vislon® 264″ White Plastic Single Non-Locking Pull
- YKK® Zipper #10 Vislon® 180″ White Plastic Single Locking Pull
- YKK® Zipper #10 Vislon® 48″ White Plastic Single Locking Pull
- Seamstick 3/8″ Basting Tape for Canvas
- Sailrite Adhesive Backed Logo
- Sleeve Furling Cover Kit Instructions