New England Spun Classic 3-Strand Polyester Line 3/8" 10mm White
New England Spun Classic is a conventional 3-strand spun polyester line that provides a traditional look and feel. Relatively soft and easily worked, this spun polyester rope is generally used along the luff and foot of mainsails and along the leading edge of “stretchy luffed” genoas and jibs. The Spun Classic features a softer lay than normal sheet line for easier working and splicing, as well as excellent longevity and stability. Perfect for classic boats and dinghies, the Spun Classic is a free running rope that won’t jam or kink. Most part-time racers prefer polyester, although the stretch is only half as much as nylon.
New England Ropes has an excellent reputation as the leading manufacturer of premium quality rope. Made in New England and tested in some of the world’s most notoriously harsh conditions, New England Ropes provides high quality and performance and worry-free durability.
Diameter: 3/8 inch (10 mm)
Sold by the foot
- Use on: halyards, sheets, and control lines
- High tenacity for durability
- Supple and Spliceable
- Good knot holding properties
- Shows little degradation from UV rays
- Good resistance to chemicals and the passage of electrical equipment
- Tensile: 2,650 lbs.
- Melting Point: 480°F
- Sheaves: Recommended sheave diameter to rope diameter is 8:1