New England Spyderline Dinghy/One Design Braid 1/16" (1.8mm)
Please select options before adding to cart
The Spyderline Dinghy/One Design Braid by New England Ropes is an ultra strong, lightweight, all-purpose dinghy control line. Spyderline features a 100% Dyneema SK75 core and a soft, 100% polyester twill pattern cover. A very strong line with extremely low stretch, Spyderline is flexible yet firm enough to be fed through small leads, micro blocks, and purchase systems. Sizes over 1.8 mm have braided cores for splicing and additional performance modifications. Use for dinghy and small one design cunninghams, traveler lines, vang systems, trapeze lines, outhauls, topping lifts, halyards, and twings. The 1.8 mm and 2.8 mm lines are perfect sail ties for the performance Opti sailor.
New England Ropes has an excellent reputation as the leading manufacturer of premium quality rope. Made in New England and tested in some of the world’s most notoriously harsh conditions, New England Ropes provides high quality and performance and worry-free durability.
Diameter: 1/16 inch (1.8 mm)
Color: Choose from Red, Black, Mango, Lime, or Purple
Sold by the foot
- Use on: Dinghy and small one design cunninghams, traveler lines, vang systems, trapeze lines, outhauls, topping lifts, halyards, and twings
- Strong, lightweight, and flexible
- Sizes over 1.8 mm have a spliceable core
- Shows little degradation from UV rays
- Good resistance to chemicals and passage of electrical current
- Tensile Strength: 350 pounds
- Melting Point: Polyester at 480°F and Dyneema at 300°F
- Sheaves: Recommended Sheave diameter to rope diameter is 8:1