New England T-900 Braided Rope features a unique core of blended Dyneema SK75 and Technora with a durable polyester cover. Bringing the best characteristics from each core fiber, T-900 has virtually no creep or stretch, has great resistance to flexing fatigue and abrasion, is light weight, and has zero moisture pick up. Easy to handle, T-900 is a firm line that holds wells in the clutches and does not hockle or develop meat hooks like wire does. T-900 improves overall performance with easy handling, weight savings aloft, and extremely low stretch. Highly recommended for halyard replacements.
New England Ropes has an excellent reputation as the leading manufacturer of premium quality rope. Made in New England and tested in some of the world’s most notoriously harsh conditions, New England Ropes provides high quality and performance and worry-free durability.
Color: White with Blue Fleck
Diameter: 1/4 inch (6 mm)
Sold by the foot
New England T-900 Braided Rope Specifications:
- Use on: halyards and guys
- High strength, low stretch and low creep
- Shows little degradation from UV rays
- Good resistance to chemicals and passage of electrical currents
- Stretch tested to CI 1500-02 standards
- Tensile: 4,700 lbs.
- Melting Point: Polyester melts at 480°F, Dyneema at 300°F, and Technora at 1200°F
- Sheaves: Recommended sheave diameter to rope diameter is 8:1
Choosing Your Halyard: Did you know that rope halyards are easier to handle and significantly lighter than wire halyards. Sta-Set X is an ideal replacement for wire halyards on cruising yachts. For race boats and large cruising yachts, consider T-900.
Wire to Rope Halyard Replacement Chart
|7 x 19