Tubing Stainless Steel 1"
Stainless steel tubing that is used for dodger and bimini construction. We recommend using a hacksaw or horizontal band saw and a blade with 24 teeth/inch to cut stainless steel tubing. Made of marine grade 304 stainless steel.
Shipping: Please note maximum length that can ship via US Post Office is 7 feet. Maximum length for FedEx or UPS is 8 feet.
Custom Cuts: We will cut to your specified length, full feet only. Please include this information in the Notes section above. Orders requiring more than 6 cuts will be subject to additional fees.
Stainless Steel Care & Cleaning:
With proper care and cleaning, stainless steel can be maintained for a lifetime in excellent condition. Many people are surprised to learn that in the presence of chloride salts, free chlorine, or sulfide gases, stainless steel can take on a brownish tint, also called a patina, or oxidize and even corrode. These elements are present in various environments, including: ocean spray, salted highways, chemical treatments added to swimming pools, and even some ground water in numerous coastal areas.
The stainless steel tubing manufacturer recommends the following to properly maintain your stainless steel:
- Wash regularly with fresh water and a high-quality detergent
- Clean with a car chrome polish
- Wax with either a car or fiberglass wax
- DO NOT clean with chlorinated cleaners (no bleach) or scouring powders
- DO NOT use sand paper or abrasive cleaners on buffed or mirror finished metals
- DO NOT clean with muratic or hydrochloric acids