You may also like
Sew it yourself! The Bimini Skin Kit for 3-Bow Frame provides all the materials you need to sew the fabric top for a bimini including Sunbrella® Marine Grade Fabric in a premium marine grade color. A bimini top is a great way to provide protection from the sun and shelter from the rain and spray. Our bimini skin kits are perfect for replacing the fabric top on an existing bimini frame or can be paired with one of Sailrite’s Bimini Frame Kits (sold separately) to build a new bimini from start to finish.
The Sailrite 3-Bow Bimini Skin Kit features zippered tubing sleeves for easy removal and storage. Tails at the forward and aft edges act as attachment points and to prevent water from wicking back under the cover. Facing along the sides keep the cover from stretching and webbing straps offer additional support to the bimini. Add window material or extra zippers to this kit to make optional curtains, bridge panel attachments, backstay slits, or windows.
This bimini kit will fit on a frame with a maximum width of 106 inches and a maximum fore & aft spread of 84 inches.
This kit does not include additional supplies for adding a backstay slit to your bimini top. If you want to include a backstay slit, you will need to order these additional materials for EACH backstay slit you want to add:
- Finished Zipper #10 Single Pull Locking-desired backstay slit length, per slit
- YKK® Zipper Slider #10 VISLON® Single Pull (Locking) - Item # 28216 or 100033 (one per slit)
- Vinyl Fabric Strip 3" Wide (desired backstay slit length plus 6" per slit) - we recommend Shelter-Rite® Tape or Naugahyde® vinyl fabric
- For Each Additional Backstay Slit Add (for pocket / sleeve): Finished Zipper #10 Single Pull Locking
Bimini Skin Kits do not include frames, fittings or strap eyes. Bimini frame kits are sold separately.
- 9 yd. 60" Wide Premium Sunbrella Color—Select color from drop down menu
- 60 ft. 1" Binding Premium Sunbrella Color
- 36 ft. Sunbrella Webbing 1" Natural
- V-92 White Polyester UV Thread
- 4 Zipper #10 60" White Plastic Single Locking Pull
- 1 Zipper #10 36" White Plastic Single Locking Pull
- 1 (10PK) YKK® Zipper #10 VISLON® Stainless Steel Top Stop
- Dura Skrim Patterning Material
- 4 Webbing Slider Stainless Steel 1"
- 1 (5PK) YKK® Double Side Release Buckle Black 1"
- 1 Seamstick 3/8" Basting Tape for Canvas (50 yd.)
- 1 (5PK) Loop Loc Plastic Black 1"
- 8 Snap Hook Stainless Steel 1"
- 1 Filament Strapping Tape 3/4"
- 1 Sailrite Sew-In Logo Tag
Required Tools (Not Included):
- Sewing Machine
Reference end of instructional video below for additional recommended items.
Please note: This item is non-returnable.
Offline viewing of PDF documents requires Adobe Reader.Download Adobe Reader >
How to Make a 3 Bow Bimini Top
This is a step by step tutorial showing; patterning on the frame, sewing, applying zippered pockets and how to insert a backstay slit. Watch this video and make your own bimini top with a 3 bow bimini skin kit from Sailrite.