Sew it yourself! Chrysler Man O'War Main Sail Kit lets you make your own mainsail. This crosscut kit is loose footed, made from 4 oz. white Dacron® using the designer's plans, and includes a sleeve luff, three vertical leech battens, and a window. Computer plotted with seaming and hem lines plotted right on the cloth, this sail kit can be made on a home sewing machine. All panels and patches are computer cut and ready for basting and sewing. Complete instructions and support from Sailrite means there is no guess work!
Construction requires a #5 Spur Die Set for tack, clew, head, and cunningham grommet installation. All other supplies to build your sail are included; all you need are scissors and a sewing machine!
Each Sail Kit comes with complete written instructions.
- 4oz White Dacron© Sailcloth, patterned and pre-cut
- White V-69 Polyester Thread
- Seamstick Basting Tape
- #16 Hand Sewing Needle
- 5-ply Waxed Twine Bobbin (for hand sewing)
- Folded Dacron© 1-½-inch Tape (Non-adhesive backed)
- Dacron© 2-inch Tape (Non-adhesive backed)
- #5 Spur Grommets
- Battens with End Caps
- 1-½-inch Whine Nylon Webbing
- White Odyssey Fabric for luff sleeve
- Vinyl Window Material
- Adhesive Sailrite Logo
Also Required (Sold Separately):
- #5 Spur Die Set
|Luff:||17 feet, 6 inches|
|Foot:||8 feet, 9 inches|
|Leech:||16 feet, 11 inches|
|Area:||91.5 sq. ft.|