You may also like
Sew it yourself! Foredeck Sail Bag Kit is a pre-patterned kit with complete instructions and materials to build your own Foredeck Sail Bag. Protect your sails and free up some room in the sail locker with headsail storage on deck. This headsail bag is made from durable Sunbrella® fabric with Dacron® reinforced patches. Zipper closure along the front edge offers complete weather protection and secure attachment to the forestay. A webbing loop at the aft end attaches to a halyard to lift the bag off the deck.
- 5 yd. 46" Pre-Patterned Sunbrella Marine Grade Fabric - Select standard color from drop down menu
- 1 ft. 8 oz. Dacron Tape 4"
- 7 ft. 8 oz. Dacron Tape 3"
- 1 Finished Zipper #10 54" White Double Pull
- V-92 White UV Polyester Thread 4 oz.
- Seamstick 3/8" Basting Tape for Canvas
- 1 ft. Webbing Tubular Polyester 1" White 2700#
- 1 Sailrite Adhesive Backed Logo
- Foredeck Bag Kit Instructions
Also Required (Sold Separately):
- Sewing Machine
Reference end of instructional video below for additional recommended items.
Please note: This item is non-returnable.
|Finished Bag Size:||54”H x 45”L x 33"Dia.|
|Boat Size:||Up to 60'|
|Max Working Sail:||450 sq. ft.|
|Max Medium Air Sail:||550 sq. ft.|
|Max Light Air Sail:||650 sq. ft.|
How to Make a Foredeck Sail Bag from a Sailrite Kit
A Nice Project
For me this was a great little project which turned out very well. It's now on the bow of my boat protecting my jib from the sun and allowing me quick access to set up and sail. Following the written and video directions was easy with all the materials needed for this kit suppled by sailrite. If you need a foredeck sail bag at a reasonable price I highly recommend this kit. Blue skies and fair winds to you all.