Sew it yourself! Glen L 17 Main Sail Kit lets you make your own mainsail. This crosscut kit is made from 4.4oz Supercruise Dacron® using the designer's plans, and features a boltrope on the luff and foot, leechline and four leech battens.
Computer plotted with seaming and hem lines plotted right on the cloth, this sail kit can be made on a home sewing machine. All panels and patches are computer cut and ready for basting and sewing. Complete instructions and support from Sailrite means there is no guess work!
All supplies to build your sail are included; all you need are scissors and a sewing machine!
Each Sail Kit comes with complete written instructions.
Sail Kit Includes:
- 4.4oz Supercruise Dacron® Sailcloth, patterned and pre-cut
- V-69 Polyester Thread
- Seamstick Basting Tape
- #16 Hand Sewing Needle
- 5-ply Waxed Twine Bobbin
- Folded Dacron® 1-½-inch Folded Tape (non-adhesive backed)
- Folded Dacron® 3-inch Folded Tape (non-adhesive backed)
- Battens with End Caps
- White 3-Strand Polyester Line
- 1-inch White Elastic
- Leechline with cleat
- Jiffy Grommets with Rivets
- Nylon Headboard
- Snap Fastener Installation Tool
- Adhesive Sailrite Logo
|Luff:||18 feet, 7 inches|
|Leech:||19 feet, 11 inches|
|Area:||89 sq. ft.|