You may also like
Sew it yourself! Hobie 14 Main Sail Kit lets you make your own mainsail. This kit is made from 4oz white Dacron® using the designer's plans and features five full length batten pockets (battens not included) and a boltrope on the luff and foot. Computer plotted with seaming and hem lines plotted right on the cloth, this sail kit can be made on a home sewing machine. All panels and patches are computer cut and ready for basting and sewing. Complete instructions and support from Sailrite means there is no guess work!
Construction requires a #0 Spur Die Set for batten pocket grommets. All other supplies to build your sail are included; all you need are scissors and a sewing machine!
Each Sail Kit comes with complete written instructions.
- 4oz White Dacron© Sailcloth, patterned and pre-cut
- White V-69 Polyester Thread
- Seamstick Basting Tape
- #16 Hand Sewing Needle
- 5-ply Waxed Twine Bobbin (for hand sewing)
- Dacron© 3-inch Tape (Non-adhesive backed)
- Folded Dacron© 4-inch Tape (Non-adhesive backed)
- 3-Strand White Polyester Rope
- Batten End Protectors
- Dacron© Leechline
- Headboard with Rivets
- Jiffy Grommets
- Snap Fastener Installation Tool
- #0 Spur Grommets
- Adhesive Sailrite Logo
Also Required (Sold Separately):
- #0 Spur Die Set
Please Note: Battens are NOT included with this kit.
|Luff:||20 feet, 4 inches|
|Foot:||8 feet, 2 inches|
|Area:||115 sq. ft.|