You may also like
Sew it yourself! Sail Cover Kit for Booms to 16' lets you make your own mainsail cover using a premium color of Sunbrella® Marine Grade Fabric. Cover and protect your mainsail when flaked with this throated sail cover. The sail cover fastens under the boom with Twist-Lock fasteners with a snap button finish to provide a clean look and reduce chafe. Secure the cover around the mast with a marine zipper. This sail cover pattern features pre-plotted, long-lasting Sunbrella fabric for easy construction. Approximate construction time is 4 hours.
To determine which sail cover kit is right for your boat, measure the length of the boom (dimension "E") from the mast to its end (not including the mast width). Choose the kit with a length equal to or greater than the length of your boom.
Note: Maximum Boom Length - 16 Feet
Lazy Jack Slits: The mainsail cover pattern instructions include directions for creating lazy jack slits. If required, order an additional 6 feet of 1" acrylic binding tape (or make your own binding using any left-over scrap Sunbrella from the kit) and 3 to 4 Twist-Lock fasteners for each slit. Ordering 1 square foot of 2-3 oz. leather should accommodate up to 8 slits.
- 60" Sunbrella Marine Grade Fabric - Select Premium Color from drop down menu
- #10 Finished Zipper 60" White Plastic Single Locking Pull
- V-92 White UV Polyester Thread
- Seamstick 3/8" Basting Tape for Canvas
- Pearl Grey Cowhide 2-3oz Leather
- Leechline Dacron 5/32"
- Snap Fastener Installation Tool
- Twist-Lock Fastener Eyelets
- Twist-Lock Washers
- Twist-Lock Fastener 2 Screw Studs
- Snap Fastener Button Silver 11/64" Barrel (Nickel-Plated)
- Sailrite Adhesive Backed Logos
- Sail Cover Kit Instructions (All Sizes)
Required Tools (Not Included):
- Sewing Machine
Reference end of instructional video below for additional recommended items.
Please note: This item is non-returnable.
Offline viewing of PDF documents requires Adobe Reader.Download Adobe Reader >
Sail Cover Demonstration - Throated Sail Cover
See how easy it is to protect your main sail from harsh UV rays. This video will walk you through, step by step, the process to build the Sail Cover Kit.