You may also like
Sew it yourself! Sail Cover Kit for Booms to 19' lets you make your own mainsail cover. Cover and protect your mainsail when flaked with this throated sail cover. The sail cover fastens under the boom with Twist-Lock fasteners with a snap button finish to provide a clean look and reduce chafe. Secure the cover around the mast with a marine zipper. This sail cover pattern features pre-plotted, long-lasting Sunbrella fabric for easy construction. Approximate construction time is 4 hours.
To determine which sail cover kit is right for your boat, measure the length of the boom (dimension "E") from the mast to its end (not including the mast width). Choose the kit with a length equal to or greater than the length of your boom.
Note: Maximum Boom Length - 19'
Lazy Jack Slits: The mainsail cover pattern instructions include directions for creating lazy jack slits. If required, order an additional 6 feet of 1" acrylic binding tape (or make your own binding using any left-over scrap Sunbrella from the kit) and 3 to 4 Twist-Lock fasteners for each slit. Ordering 1 square foot of 2-3oz. leather should accommodate up to 8 slits.
- 60" Sunbrella Marine Grade Fabric - Select color from drop down menu
- #10 Finished Zipper 60" White Plastic Single Locking Pull
- V-92 White UV Polyester Thread
- Seamstick 3/8" Basting Tape for Canvas
- Pearl Grey Cowhide 2-3oz Leather
- Leechline Dacron 5/32"
- Snap Fastener Installation Tool
- Twist-Lock Fastener Eyelets
- Twist-Lock Washers
- Twist-Lock 2 Screw Studs
- Snap Fastener Button Silver 11/64" Barrel (Nickel-Plated)
- Sailrite Adhesive Backed Logos
- Sail Cover Kit Instructions (All Sizes)
Required Tools (Not Included):
- Sewing Machine
Reference end of instructional video below for additional recommended items.
Please note: This item is non-returnable.
Offline viewing of PDF documents requires Adobe Reader.Download Adobe Reader >
How to Make Your Own Throated Sail Cover
How to make your own sail cover for your mainsail using a Sailrite Sail Cover kit.