You may also like
Sew it yourself! Sail Pack Kit for 10’ Boom lets you make your own sail pack mainsail cover. A sail pack mainsail cover (also known as a Stack Pack®, Lazy pack, or Mack Pack®) is a popular adaptation of a standard mainsail cover that is used in conjunction with lazy jacks to make dousing and covering a mainsail quick and easy. Simply drop the sail and zip the cover panels shut. The two halves of the cover attach below the foot with webbing straps and Twist-Lock fasteners.
This sail pack mainsail cover is integrated with a lazy jack system (not included) to support the top of the sail pack and guide the sail neatly into place inside the cover. The sail pack is also designed with sleeves for schedule 40 PVC 3/4” pipe to keep the cover open when the sail is lowered, a zippered closure across the top, and a removable forward mast boot. Sail pack attaches below the sail’s foot with webbing straps and fasteners.
The sail pack system works best with mainsails that have slugs or slides on the luff, but also accommodates a boltrope that runs up the slot in the mast. Sails with full length battens encourage proper flaking and work well with this system, but it also works with sail that have standard battens.
Each Sail Pack Kit comes with the Sail Cover Instruction Booklet, which contains complete written instructions. Approximate construction time is 5 hours.
To determine which sail pack kit is right for your boat, measure the length of the boom (dimension “E”) for the mast to its end (not including mast width). Choose the kit with length equal to or greater than the length of your boom.
- 60″ Sunbrella Marine Grade Fabric - Select color from drop down menu
- Dacron 5oz. Tape White 6″
- Seamstick 3/8″ Basting Tape for Canvas
- 4 oz. V-92 White UV Polyester Thread
- YKK® Zipper #10 VISLON® Continuous White
- YKK® Zipper #10 VISLON® Stainless Steel Top Stops
- YKK® Slider #10 VISLON® White Plastic Single Non-Locking Pull
- #10 Finished Zipper 36″ White Plastic Single Locking Pull
- White Polyester 2″ Webbing 3000#
- Twist-Lock Fastener Eyelets
- Twist-Lock Washers
- Twist-Lock Fastener 2 Screw Studs
- Snap Fastener Button Silver 11/64" Barrel (Nickel Plated)
- D-Rings Without Bar #0 - 1″
- White Polyester 1″ Webbing
- White 58" Dacron Sailcloth 4 oz.
- Snap Fastener Installation Tool
- Sailrite Adhesive Backed Logos
- Sail Cover Instruction Booklet
Also Required (Sold Separately):
- Lazy Jack system
- Schedule 40 PVC 3/4" pipe
- Sewing machine
- Hotknife or wood burning tool
- Razor blade or X-Acto knife
Loose Footed Mainsail Required Add-ons (Sold Separately):
- Webbing Nylon ½” – Item 22301 (2 feet)
- Slugs to accommodate your boom slot (6 each)
Please note: This item is non-returnable.
|Maximum Boom Length:||10 feet|
|Maximum Sail Stack Height at the Mast:||31 inches|
|Maximum Height at Clew:||6 inches|
How to Make a Sail Pack
How to Make a Sail Pack Locking Strap for Loose Footed Mainsails
Excellent detailed manual and video. Anyone can do this.
10 foot boom sail pack.
Excellent instructions and quality of parts.