V-92 Black UV Bonded Polyester Thread 4 oz. (1,350 yds.)

11 Reviews
SKU: 100071
$16.95

Details

Details

This is a high performance, twisted multifilament polyester outdoor thread that is perfect for sail and canvaswork. Sunstop® polyester thread has advanced UV protection that is specially designed for outdoor applications where seam strength and fade prevention are required. Sunstop Thread also features a non-wicking finish that helps to reduce moisture coming through seams. This polyester thread very seldom frays at the needle eye, and the consistent bonded finish minimizes the need for continual machine tension adjustments. Perfect for use on sails, tents, boat covers, awnings, outdoor canvas covers and tarps.

Use this V-92 thread with a #18 or #20 needle on 6–10-ounce fabrics (including all Sunbrella® fabrics). We recommend a #20 needle when sewing with the Sailrite® Ultrafeed® Sewing Machine.

Sailmaker's thread should pull up off the top of the cone for a smoother feed to the sewing machine and to add an extra twist in the thread. The extra twist increases thread strength, helps keep the thread from unlaying, and eases tension problems.

Please Note: Thread color looks much darker on the cone, but once sewn the color blends to an almost perfect color match. The color is designed to change after the bonded coating passes through a sewing machine.

Ratings & Reviews

11 reviews

• 3 stars
  • 0 reviews
  • 2 stars
  • 0 reviews
  • 1 star
  • 0 reviews

Best thread ever!

by

This is the best thread that I have tried for my industrial machine! I haven't had any issues with fraying or breaking and the finished seams are beautiful!

Works great and shipped fast.

by -

The thread arrived on time and works as expected

Great Service

by -

Sail rite's customer service is outstanding. Thread is as advertised -- black.

Great Thread!

by -

I have bought thread from several different vendors and sometimes saving a few pennies is just not worth it. That's why I now buy all my thread from Sailrite... The quality of their products always seems to come through. This black thread is of excellent quality and I never have a problem with it shredding on my needles like I have experienced with other brands.. Thank You Sailrite!

Thread

by -

Sailrite is wonderful to work with. My order was shipped and received promptly. I know this thread will make my leather sewing project a success.

Works great!

by -

I used this thread to sew new screens for our hatches. It worked great.

Great thread

by -

Excellent thread, fed through the machine very easily. I used this with a #20 needle on the bobbin with white through the needle to sew on some leather chafing patches. White on top of the leather and black on the inside of the dodger to blend the stitch with the surrounding stitch colors. Worked great and looks awesome.

Black remains black

by -

I have tried other V92 threads from other distributers but black Sailrite thread does not fade as quickly. I have a canvas window cover made 8 years ago with Sailrite black and the thread is still black. I have other canvas enclosure sewn with black thread from another distributor and in two years the exposed side has turned gray.

Love this thread !!

by -

Strong sturdy thread..
Nice....

Goodie Box!

by -

I love the ease of ordering everything online & shipping was timely.
I enjoyed opening my goodie box & check out everything I ordered!

I already learned a lot from your instructional videos too!

Just getting started

by -

I have a vintage 201-2 Singer Sewing Machine that I am using this thread on with a #20 needle. I took 8 layers of duck canvas to try it out and the machine performed very well. So far, the only thing I don’t like is the stitch length is only adjustable to about 6 per inch which I would prefer it be less. My first project will be a console cover for my boat, Life’s 2 Short, a 2002 Silverton 39 Motoryacht.