Sew it yourself! Venture 17 Storm Jib Sail Kit lets you make your own storm jib. This crosscut kit is made from 5.4oz white Dacron® using the designer's plans and features brass brass hanks on the luff. Computer plotted with seaming and hem lines plotted right on the cloth, this sail kit can be made on a home sewing machine. All panels and patches are computer cut and ready for basting and sewing. Complete instructions and support from Sailrite means there is no guess work!
Construction requires a #0 Spur Die Set for luff grommet installation. All other supplies to build your sail are included; all you need are scissors and a sewing machine!
Each Sail Kit comes with complete written instructions.
- 5.4oz White Dacron® Sailcloth, patterned and pre-cut
- White V-69 Polyester Thread
- Seamstick Basting Tape
- #16 Hand Sewing Needle
- Stainless Steel Thimble
- 5-ply Waxed Twine Bobbin
- Pearl Grey Leather
- Folded Dacron© 1-½-inch Tape (Non-adhesive backed)
- Folded Dacron© 3-inch Tape (Non-adhesive backed)
- 3-Strand White Polyester Rope
- 3/4-inch White Nylon Webbing
- 1-inch Stainless Steel D-Ring
- #0 Brass hanks
- #0 Spur Grommets
- #3 Brass Rings
- Adhesive Sailrite Logo
Also Required (Sold Separately):
- #0 Spur Die Set
|Foot:||5 feet, 6 inches|
|Leech:||6 feet, 4 inches|
|Area:||17 sq. ft.|