New England Classic 3-Strand Polyester Rope is a continuous filament 3-strand polyester rope with a traditional look and feel. The New England Classic can be used as a replacement for woven wire rope. Featuring very little stretch, sails can be hoisted tight without fear of overstressing, which is especially important at night or in a storm. The New England Classic stretches a bit more than wire but will not corrode, fatigue, or snag. Great for halyards, control lines, and cruising headsail luff reinforcement (storm jibs and drifters).
New England Ropes has an excellent reputation as the leading manufacturer of premium quality rope. Made in New England and tested in some of the world’s most notoriously harsh conditions, New England Ropes provides high quality and performance and worry-free durability.
Diameter: 1/4 (6 mm)
Sold by the foot
New England Classic 3-Strand Polyester Rope Specifications:
- Use for halyards, control lines, sailmaker’s bolt rope
- High tenacity polyester for durability
- Supple and Spliceable
- Good knot holding properties
- Shows little degradation from UV rays
- Good resistance to chemicals and the passage of electrical equipment
- Tensile: 2,150 lbs.
- Melting Point: 480°F
- Sheaves: Recommended sheave diameter to rope diameter is 8:1