Heavy Tenara Lifetime Thread Clear Lubricated 8oz Cone
Tenara® Lifetime Guaranteed Thread features unique PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) fiber construction that extends the life of fabric seams and ultimately the products in which it is used. GORE™ Tenara has high strength and durability that for over ten years has proven to be unaffected by exposure to UV rays, cleaning agents, pollution, saltwater, air, rain, and snow.
Great for outdoor, awning, and marine applications, Tenara thread will not rot if left outside all year round. Remains colorfast even in extreme temperatures and frost. Although more expensive, Tenara is a greater value than other polyester threads when considering life span and re-stitching costs. Choose Tenara thread to improve the performance of outdoor fabrics where seam life and integrity are of the utmost importance.
Tenara M1000H is similar in weight to V-138. Heavy Tenara thread requires a needle size of #19 or #20. Smaller needles may cause skipped stitches and/or the double ply thread to unravel above the eye of the needle. Tenara thread does not require as much upper tension as normal polyester thread. Heavy Tenara thread usually requires less tensioning which will result in a good looking stitch on both the top side of the fabric and bottom, but the knot on the bottom side usually does not pull up into the fabric all the way.
|Put-up:||8 oz (950 yards)|
|Thread Size:||Similar to V-138, 2800 denier|
|Breaking Strength:||15 lbs|
- 100% expanded PTFE
- Completely resistant to UV sunlight
- Unaffected by salt water, cleaning chemicals, temperature extremes, or acid rain
- Will not rot or mold
- Fade resistant (UV stable thread)
- Tenara Sewing Thread Style TR M1000HKTR-L-5
- Lifetime warranty
Sailrite's Hints for Sewing with Tenara Thread:
If the Heavy Tenara thread separates and bunches up above the eye of the needle or breaks:
- Try a larger needle size - a #19 needle size is a good place to start
- Reduce bobbin tension until it pulls from bobbin case with only a slight tug (like pulling dental floss from a container)
- Reduce upper tension until threads are neat on the bottom of the fabric (knots usually will not be pulled up into the fabric)
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY. Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.