Sailrite SnapRite® Twist Lock Die Kit
Sailrite SnapRite® Twist Lock Die Kit is a uniquely designed system that installs Twist Lock fasteners to canvas using a standard rivet tool. The SnapRite Twist Lock Die kit makes installing twist lock fasteners quick and easy. Included in the kit is the Spin Cut tool and a cutting block, so a hole can easily be precut in the fabric without needing a hard surface or a mallet. With this system, the entire installation of Twist Lock fasteners can be done without a workbench, making it ideal for use on a boat.
Install twist lock fasteners on your boat for accurate positioning. The key to this system is the use of a SnapRite Mandrel and using snap components that have a hole down the center. The SnapRite Twist Lock Die Kit requires the use of SnapRite Buttons. This system works with any standard rivet tool; so buying a new tool is unnecessary if you already have one.
SnapRite Twist Lock Die Kit Instructions:
- Place fastener stud on fabric and mark the desired location.
- Using the cutting block as a backer, drill holes in the marked location.
- Depress the rivet tool levers and screw in the button die into the nose piece.
- Place a mandrel through the hole in the Twist Lock Die.
- Line up the button through the bottom so the barrel protrudes through the top of the Twist Lock Stud.
- Guide the mandrel through the button into the rivet gun.
- Be sure the mandrel is flush with the bottom on the Twist Lock Die.
- Use the tool to rivet the button.
- Repeat for the second button.
- SnapRite Twist Lock Die
- SnapRite Button Die
- 5″ x 5″ Premium Cutting Block
- 1/8″ Stayput Spin Cut Tool
- 100 SnapRite Mandrels
Note: The SnapRite Twist Lock Die Kit requires use of SnapRite Buttons. We recommend using buttons with 11/64″ rivet barrels for two thin layers of fabric assemblies, and 1/4″ barrels for three to four layers. Twist Lock Fastener Studs are nickel-plated brass, so the buttons should be as well.