Sew it yourself! Spinnaker Sock Kit 27’1” to 30’ lets you make your own spinnaker sleeve. Spinnaker socks are popular with both cruising and racing sailors because they make setting and dousing a spinnaker easy and protect your valuable sail investment. Sailrite’s tapered spinnaker sock design is extremely effective and easy to make.
This spinnaker sleeve is for a leech stay length of 27 feet 1 inch to 30 feet.
Spinnaker Sock Features:
- White polyester mesh fabric allows sail to dry when stored.
- Reinforced wear points.
- Colorful exterior pocket visually indicates twists in sock.
- Stainless steel hoop holds bottom of sock open when raising or lowering.
- Control line attaches to rope harness, which attaches to hoop.
- Harken block at top of sock allows line to run smoothly.
- Wire pennant with head swivel keeps sock from interfering with sail shape.
- Kink-free 3/8” control line.
- Exterior nylon pocket holds single continuous control line to eliminate fouling and keep the line of contact with the sail.
Spinnaker Sock Kit 27’1” to 30’ Includes:
- 10 yd. Ripstop Nylon Fabric
- 10 yd. White 46″ Polyester Mesh
- 1 yd. Dacron 6 oz. White UV 60" Nascar Canopy Fabric
- Seamstick 1/4″ Basting Tape
- 30 ft. Teal Regatta Lite Single Braid 1/4″ (6 mm) Polypropylene Rope
- 40 ft. Yellow Regatta Lite Single Braid 3/8″ (10mm) Polypropylene Rope
- 6 ft. Leechline Dacron 5/32″
- 5 ft. White 2″ Nylon Webbing 1175#
- 2 ft. White 1″ Nylon Webbing 1100#
- 6 ft. White Dacron 5 oz. Tape 2″
- 1 ft. White 1″ Nylon Loop Velcro
- 1 ft. White 1″ Nylon Hook Velcro
- 12″ Stainless Steel Hoop
- 1 oz. V-46 White UV Polyester Thread
- #17 Hand Sewing Needle
- Waxed Bobbin 5-ply Twine
- Harken 092 Cheek Bullet Block
- Strop for Spinnaker Sock Kits
- Sailrite Adhesive Backed Logo
- Spinnaker Sock Kit (39′ & Under) Instructions
This spinnaker sock can be made on a home sewing machine. Scissors and a hotknife, wood burning tool or other tool for sealing openings will also be needed.
Ordering Information: For asymmetrical sails (cruising spinnakers), select the sock size based on the sail's leech stay length. For symmetrical sails (regular spinnakers), select a sock size that is 4–6 feet shorter than the sail's leech stay length. The spinnaker sock kit features a white sock with a colored exterior pocket (pocket color varies).