You may also like
3M™ Tape Primer is an adhesion promoter that is specially designed to help 3M™ tapes stick and stay. 3M™ Tape Primer works on a variety of difficult surfaces including: polyethylene, polypropylene, ABS, PET/PBT blends, painted metal surfaces, metal, glass, wood, and concrete. This adhesion promoter ensures that 3M™ tapes stick anywhere. Recommended for use with YKK® SNAD® fasteners. One ampule contains enough primer to set approximately 15 SNADs if you work quickly.
Primer 94 & Flexible SNADs: 3M™ Primer 94 has been used for better adhesion of flexible SNADs on rigid inflatable boats made of Hypalon. Normally stainless steel tubing is an excellent material for VHB tape that is found on SNADs. However when the application calls for a tight curl on a SS tube or rail (less than 2 inch diameter) the Primer 94 provides additional attachment strength to prevent flexible silicone SNAD body from "uncurling" off surface.
Use in an open, well ventilated area, and be very careful with exposure to a heat source or open flames. Can be removed with isopropyl alcohol.
- Step 1: Prepare the primer. Press the center of the ampule until you hear it crack. Give the ampule a downward shake to send the primer to the sponge applicator.
- Step 2: Apply the primer to a clean, dry surface (simply "paint" the spot). Porous surfaces may require 2 coats of primer.
- Step 3: Allow the primer to completely dry for 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Apply the 3M™ tape product (like Snads). Use isopropyl alcohol, 3M™ Citrus Based cleaner or another commercial adhesive remover to remove any remaining primer residue (follow all cleaner instructions).
- Step 5: Allow 72 hours of dwell time before use.
|Size:||Under 1 oz|
|Clean Up:||May Be Removed by a Solvent Such as Isopropyl Alcohol|
Adding this item to your shopping cart will eliminate any air transportation shipping methods. The order can ONLY be shipped Ground to the 48 contiguous United States.
Using Primers to Adhere YKK Snads
Exactly as advertised
Worth it to be sure
It certainly cleaned the surface.
Ampule 3M adhesive promoter
Seems to work on 7 out of 8 YKK adhesive studs.
Good product for 1 time use.
Really too small to do much good.