You may also like
Sew it yourself! This Backpack Kit is a great project for someone just starting out with sewing or wanting to practice their skills. In fact, it’s one of our most beginner-friendly project kits. The fabric comes pre-plotted so all you have to do is cut out the pieces and assemble the bag — no figuring out measurements or calculations!
Here are just a few of the skills you'll learn while making this backpack:
- How to create backpack pockets.
- How to sew curves and shape fabric assembly.
- How to sew zippers.
- How to install a zipper slider onto a zipper chain.
- How to measure and mark fabric for adding pockets and handles to backpack body.
- How to sew webbing, install buckle hardware and more.
The backpack is made with Blue Camo Cordura® HP fabric — a rugged and heavy-duty bag fabric. Cordura features excellent abrasion resistance and mold/mildew resistance. This high-tenacity polyester fabric woven from INVISTA™ has a clear polyurethane coating on one side, making it water-repellent and a great backpack to keep on your boat or for outdoor activities. It folds up and rolls for easy storage on your boat or RV where space is limited. The backpack features a front pocket and two side pockets.
Finished Measurements: 19-1/2"H x 13"W x 5"D
Please Note: There are no written instructions for this kit. We have made a detailed how-to instructional video, found below, on how to sew and assemble the Backpack Kit.
Backpack Kit Includes:
- 1 yd. Cordura HP 60" fabric
- 6 ft. Black 1" Polypropylene Webbing
- 1 ft. Foam Luff Tape 12" (Not Adhesive Backed)
- 5 ft. Black Continuous Zipper Chain #10
- 5 ft. Black Continuous Zipper Chain #5
- 1 Black Zipper Slider #10 Metal Single Non-Locking Pull
- 1 Black Zipper Slider #5 Metal Single Non-Locking Pull
- 1 5Pk YKK Adjustable Strap Buckle Black 1"
- Seamstick 1/4" Basting Tape for Canvas & Upholstery
- 1 Coats Extra Strong Nylon Upholstery Thread Black
- 1 pk. Sailrite® Woven Sew In Tags
- Template Pattern
Also Required (Sold Separately):
- Sewing Machine
|Color:||Blue, Navy, Steel Blue, Stone|