You may also like
Do It Yourself! The Roller Shade Clutch Kit has everything needed to create your own easy-to-use roller shades: just add your favorite shade fabric (Click Here). Raise or lower a shade of up to 24 pounds effortlessly just by pulling the ball chain loop cord. The ball chain can be cut to size for your required loop length; we include enough ball chain to accommodate the maximum shade length of 12 feet. The ends of the ball chain are fastened together to form a loop with the included chain connector. We have included two ball stoppers to limit the ball chain to a specific length, if desired. Continuous Loop Ball Chains are available separately at Sailrite® if a specific continuous length is required for extra safety, keeping the chain higher and free from the reach of children and pets.
This is a no-sew DIY project! All you need, beyond common household tools, is a rotary cutter, or a pair of scissors, and a ruler. Construction time is less than 2 hours. We recommend using SheerWeave®, Phifertex® Designer or Phifertex® Plus -- all available at Sailrite!
The roller and the bottom rail can be cut to size to fit a smaller window. We recommend using a hacksaw with a bimetal 32 TPI blade to cut these parts.
Instructions for this kit are only available in video format in conjunction with the Sailrite Fabric Calculator.
- Select a fabric that is wide enough so that seams are not required. Many fabrics can be rotated 90 degrees as long as the fabric width, minus 12 inches, is less than the desired shade length.
- SheerWeave is available in several very wide widths and resultantly can often be very cost-effective and utilized for multiple Roller Shades, cutting two or more shade blanks from a single width of fabric.
- 1 Roller Clutch Unit
- 1 Pair of Brackets (inside, outside or ceiling mounted)
- 10 Phillips Pan Head #8 Screws
- 36 inches Aluminum Shade Roller with Double-Sided Tape (1.5" OD)
- 36 inches Plastic Insert Tape
- 36 inches Bottom Drop Rail in White
- 2 Bottom Drop Rail End Caps
- 1 Clear Hold Down Clip
- 20 feet Ball Chain (creates up to a 10 foot loop)
- 1 Ball Chain Connector
- 2 Ball Stoppers
- 1 Safety Warning Tag
- Written Instructions
WARNING: Strangulation Hazard! Always keep the ball chain loop secured to the Hold Down Clip and keep out of the reach of children and pets.
|Hardware Material:||Aluminum, Plastic|
|Maximum Width:||36 inches|
|Maximum Shade Length:||144 inches (based on ball chain with connector)|
|Maximum Wall Clearance:||1 inch between the roller and wall|
|Projection (Bracket Mount to Roller Center):||1.750 inches|
|Edge Gap*:||0.688 inch|
|Maximum Ball Chain Length:||240 inches|
Wide Bracket Front
Wide Bracket Side
Roller Clutch Front
Narrow Bracket Front