Build it yourself! This 3-Bow Bimini Frame Kit contains all the stainless steel tubing and fittings needed to build a 3-bow bimini frame. A bimini top offers great protection from the sun and shelter from rain and spray. Building your own frame lets you save money and customize the design for your boat. This 3-bow frame kit includes the frames and fittings only and does not include webbing support straps, or fabric for the canvas top. To create a complete bimini, pair this kit with a 3-Bow Bimini Skin Kit (sold separately).
This adjustable 3-bow bimini frame is made from 1-inch Type 304 stainless steel tubing with a Super Buff finish. All tubing bows are bent in Sailrite’s custom jig and cut just beyond the bow to keep shipping costs down and provide for greater on-site customization. The “hockey stick” section of each bow is fitted with aluminum splines riveted into the appropriate place. This kit also includes Type 316 stainless steel Universal Deck Hinges, which feature pivoting hinges that easily adjust for mounting on different angles of decks, coamings or even vertical surfaces.
To select the appropriate frame kit for your boat, determine the desired width, height and spread (fore & aft) of your bimini and then use the specifications below. Frames are designed to be cut down from their original size. To cut the tubing, use a hacksaw with a blade that has 24 teeth per inch. Adjustments to the listed measurements can be made for your boat. Remember, as the height is increased above the nominal height, the maximum typical spread decreases.
A drill, hacksaw, rivet tool and basic hand tools are required for installation of this kit. Webbing support straps or rigid support studs can be used to support the bows after installation and are sold separately. Webbing strap materials are included in Bimini Skin Kits.
Stainless Steel Care & Cleaning
With proper care and cleaning, stainless steel can be maintained for a lifetime in excellent condition. Many people are surprised to learn that in the presence of chloride salts, free chlorine or sulfide gases, stainless steel can take on a brownish tint, also called a patina, or oxidize and even corrode. These elements are present in various environments, including: ocean spray, salted highways, chemical treatments added to swimming pools and even ground water in numerous coastal areas.
The stainless steel tubing manufacturer recommends the following to properly maintain your stainless steel:
- Wash regularly with fresh water and a high-quality detergent
- Clean with a car chrome polish
- Wax with either a car or fiberglass wax
- Do not clean with chlorinated cleaners (no bleach) or scouring powders
- Do not use sand paper or abrasive cleaners on buffed or mirror finished metals
- Do not clean with muratic or hydrochloric acids
- 6 Eye Ends Type 316 Stainless Steel 1″
- 3 (2PK) Grooved Rivets Stainless Steel (for Bimini & Dodger Frames)
- 8 Strap Eyes Type 316 Stainless Steel
- 1 (10PK) Flat Head Wood Screws 6 x 1/2" Stainless Steel
- 1 (5PK) Phillips Oval Head Tapping Screws #10 x 1-1/4" Stainless Steel
- 2 Universal Deck Hinges Type 316 Stainless Steel
- 4 Jaw Slides Type 316 Stainless Steel 1"
- 1 (10PK) Rivets Stainless Steel (for Marine Fittings)
- 1 Filament Strapping Tape
- 3-Bow 1" Stainless Steel Frame Only 106"x84"x44"
|Hardware Material:||Stainless Steel Grade 304, Stainless Steel Grade 316|
|Tubing Diameter:||1 inch|
|Tubing Wall Thickness:||0.049 inch (18 Gauge)|
|Maximum Width:||106 inches|
|Max Spread (Fore and Aft):||84 inches|
|Nominal Height at Max Spread:||44 inches|
|Maximum Distance Between Bows:||42 inches|
|Bow Angle to Waterline:||45° (Measurements above are determined at this angle. Angle can be modified to fit requirements.)|
|Bend Radius:||6 inches|