How to Make a Basket Liner Video
Do you have a large collection of baskets? Baskets are a great and stylish way to store a variety of things from knick-knacks to magazines to laundry. A great way to coordinate baskets to a room (or to each other!) is to add a fabric liner. Fabric basket liners look great and are something you can make yourself.
You may decide to line your baskets for a number of reasons. For example, basket liners are effective at protecting the basket from wear and tear and also protect the basket's contents from snagging on the basket. For baskets with a wide weave, liners are great for hiding the baskets contents. Plus, liners can give a basket a more finished look.
Making a basket liner requires some careful measuring and simple sewing. We line a small, decorative basket in our video, but you can use the same technique to line a basket of any size. For our particular project, we chose to match the basket lining exactly to the fabric we used on a nearby bench cushion.
- Patterning Fabric - 0:16 min.
- Sewing Fabric Plates - 4:27 min.
- Hemming Top Edge - 9:08 min.
- Creating Handle Slits - 10:04 min.
- Materials List - 13:17 min.
- Fabric (we used Braemore Suzanna Garden Fabric #104139)
- Thread V-69 White Polyester UV 1oz
- Sewing machine
- Pencil or marker
- Sailrite® Edge Hotknife Package (110 Volt) #103800
What are you going to store in your newly lined baskets? Share your ideas in the comments!