You may also like
Make your own custom tote bag with this template pattern. For DIYers who prefer to choose their own fabric, notions and hardware pieces, this is the perfect solution! This sheet of Sailrite® Patterning Material is plotted and numbered with all the template pieces needed to make our Large Tote Bag Kit (#124824, #124825, #124826, #124827).
Once you choose your own fabric, notions and hardware, you can follow along with our step-by-step video tutorial to complete the tote bag kit. Or use our tutorial as a guideline and make the tote bag to your own specifications and liking — it’s totally customizable. The best part is that these template pieces are reusable, so you can make as many tote bags as you want.
Tote Bag Finished Measurements: Approximately 19.5"L x 6"W x 15"H, filled
Here are the materials you’ll need to make the tote bag shown in the video below:
- Bag fabric of choice — 1 yd. for solid/nondirectional patterned fabric, 2 yds. for directional patterned fabric
- 1 yd. lining fabric of choice
- 2 ft. #5 continuous coil zipper chain
- 1 #5 zipper pull
- 1/4" basting tape
- Tex 70 thread
- 1 vegetable tanned rectangular leather tag 4 to 5 oz.
- 1 vegetable tanned 4 to 5 oz. leather strip 15" x 5"
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
If you follow along with our video tutorial, you’ll learn some valuable sewing skills and techniques including:
- How to match up pieces of directionally patterned fabric.
- How to sew zippers.
- How to sew a bag liner.
- And more!