Used for dodger and bimini construction, this 7/8" stainless steel tubing can be used as a spline to connect two pieces of 1" tubing (please note, this will not work with thick walled 1" tubing). We recommend using a hacksaw or horizontal band saw and a blade with 24 teeth/inch to cut stainless steel tubing.
Stainless Steel Care & Cleaning:
With proper care and cleaning, stainless steel can be maintained for a lifetime in excellent condition. Many people are surprised to learn that in the presence of chloride salts, free chlorine, or sulfide gases, stainless steel can take on a brownish tint, also called a patina, or oxidize and even corrode. These elements are present in various environments, including: ocean spray, salted highways, chemical treatments added to swimming pools, and even some ground water in numerous coastal areas.
The stainless steel tubing manufacturer recommends the following to properly maintain your stainless steel:
- Wash regularly with fresh water and a high-quality detergent
- Clean with a car chrome polish
- Wax with either a car or fiberglass wax
- DO NOT clean with chlorinated cleaners (no bleach) or scouring powders
- DO NOT use sand paper or abrasive cleaners on buffed or mirror finished metals
- DO NOT clean with muratic or hydrochloric acids
|Hardware Material:||Metal, Stainless Steel (All Types), Stainless Steel Grade 304|
|Outer Diameter:||0.875 inch|
|Inner Diameter:||0.777 inch|
|Wall Thickness:||0.049 inch|
|Compliance:||US Steel Mills and DFARS Compliant|