Ultraleather® Distressed Outdoor Clairmont 54" Fabric
Ultraleather® Distressed Outdoor Clairmont is a premium indoor/outdoor performance fabric. This solid beige PVC-free faux-leather fabric has a soft, distressed textured design that resembles real leather. Made from 100% polyurethane with a polyester blended underside, Ultraleather Distressed Outdoor is an incredibly long-lasting, sophisticated choice for a great number of applications. It is water resistant, highly abrasion resistant, mildew resistant and features 1000 lightfast hours of fade resistance. With proprietary Takumi™ Technology, these fabrics are ingeniously designed to ensure each layer is built to last.
Ultraleather fabrics are a popular, animal-friendly leather alternative that are widely known for their aesthetics, performance, convenience and luxury. Ultraleather boasts a rich texture, extremely supple hand and supreme durability. Designed for longevity, this beautiful fabric tailors easily, cleans effortlessly and maintains a subtle texture similar to the surface of genuine leather.
Ultraleather fabrics feature climate control technology that is proven to be more resistant to temperature changes than vinyl and genuine leather. These fabrics stay cool in warmer weather and resist cold weather stiffening and cracking, resulting in a fabric that stays soft and comfortable in any and all types of climates and temperatures.
Ultraleather Distressed Outdoor fabrics are rated for both indoors and select outdoor applications, making them a high-performance choice for upholstery projects such as auto and RV interior seating, boat cabins and yacht interiors, indoor home furnishings, sunrooms and covered outdoor seating areas. Not recommended for center console boats or fishing boats.
This fabric is non-returnable.
Tips for Sewing Ultraleather:
- Ultraleather is a very slippery and stretchy fabric. When sewing panels together, the bottom layer will feed faster than the top (in most cases) even if you use a walking foot sewing machine. We recommend using Seamstick 1/4" Basting Tape for Canvas & Upholstery (#104167) to baste seams together prior to sewing. If sewing a cushion, be sure the double sided tape is far away from the first stitch so it does not show up when the cushion is complete and turned right side out. If you don't want to use basting tape, use Wonder Clips (#121876) and add match-up marks along the two panels every 12 to 18 inches to ensure that you sew panels together without stretching one more than the other while sewing.
- You do not need a specialty needle for Ultraleather. A standard size #16 Round Point (Sharp) needle works great.
- You should use UV bonded nylon upholstery thread in a size V-69 or smaller. Since the fabric stretches so much, the nylon thread will give and take (stretch and go back to shape) when an occupant sits on the cushion or upholstered piece. A polyester thread will not stretch enough. This should help prolong your fabric's life at the seams.
- We recommend a 4mm to 5mm stitch length when sewing Ultraleather.
- The upper tension should be reduced as much as possible. It is wise to see a little bit of the thread knot on the bottom side of the fabric. This will almost eliminate wrinkles and puckers that naturally happen when sewing a seam.