Make Your Own Electrical Cord Covers Video
Cords from lamps, electronics or holiday decor can really ruin the aesthetic of a room, especially if they have to run across an open space. To help minimize the look of these cords and to prevent tripping, you can make these electrical cord covers to keep cords safely next to the carpet.
These electrical cord covers use Velcro to securely fasten right to carpet. Unlike using adhesives to keep cords down, these covers won’t damage the carpet and are reusable. Velcro electrical cord covers are perfect for trade shows, homes, churches, businesses, and more. Just 4 materials make 29 feet of cord covers!
- 1 yd. durable fabric (we used SurLast)
- Seamstick 3/8" Basting Tape for Canvas #129
- V-69 Thread
- 60 ft. 1-inch Hook Velcro
DIY Electrical Cord Cover in 5 Steps:
- Cut fabric length-wise in 6-inch wide strips.
- Sew strips together to your desired length using a semi-flat felled seam.
- Add a 1/2-inch hem to both extreme ends.
- Baste and sew the Velcro down the length of both sides of the cover. Then create a 1-inch hem on each side of the cover by folding the Velcro under and sewing it in place.
- Secure your electrical cords under your new cord cover!