You may also like
Otter Wax Fabric Dressing is a heat-activated wax coating that adds water resistance to unwaxed cotton canvas. It’s also a great option for anyone wanting to add an all-natural wax treatment to restore the water repellency of their waxed canvas, such as our DuraWax™ Waxed Canvas. The wax comes in a 1/2-pint tin — perfect for tackling those large canvas projects. This item is ideal for crafters who desire a matte, factory-waxed appearance on their cotton canvas. All Otter Wax products are made in the United States and are premium quality.
An alternative to the Otter Wax Heavy Duty Fabric Wax, this product creates a hot wax for canvas fabrics, ensuring the wax penetrates deep into fabrics for optimal water repellency. Be sure to read all instructions on the product label before you begin using this product.
- Fill a sauce pan with 1/2 inch cool water.
- Remove the paper label on the tin.
- Place the tin in the saucepan with the 1/2 inch cool water.
- Place the pan over a stove top or heating element. Simmer on medium heat and reduce heat if temperature reaches 180 degrees or above.
- Wait until the wax is uniformly melted before using.
- Apply the melted wax to your canvas in circular motions using a soft-bristle brush or a lint-free cloth.
- Use only as much wax as can be absorbed into the fabric.
- Rub the wax into the fabric with your fingers to ensure a uniform appearance.
- Once coated, set the canvas item aside and allow it to cure for 24-48 hours.