This versatile neoprene adhesive bonds both porous and nonporous surfaces. This comprehensive bonding cement allows for a wide range of uses, making it your go-to bonding adhesive for a variety of applications. It is UV, water, oil and heat resistant, and it forms a powerful bond that strengthens over time.
S-18 is fast-drying and quick-setting, and it remains strong and flexible even in extreme weather fluctuations. Its superior water resistance and performance in a variety of climates make it an ideal bonding agent for marine and general outdoor applications. Bonding should be done within 30 minutes for best results.
It’s an excellent product for bonding leather layers and for bonding leather to other substances. If bonding leather, we recommend roughing the leather surfaces prior to S-18 application for better adhesion. It is widely used in the repair of a variety of substances to themselves and to each other.
S-18 is often used for glazing “drop-in” aluminum windows. It produces an incredibly strong, waterproof bond for glass/aluminum. Due it its superior flexibility during extreme weather changes, it will not crack glass. It can also be used to bond door kick plates.
Recommended application amount: 1 oz. per square foot.
- Rubber compounds
- And more
Not recommended for bonding pure gum rubber, vinyl or materials where solvents used in S-18 will affect the material itself, such as polystyrene.
1. Clean the bonding surfaces with alcohol or a compatible solvent.
2. Lightly sand any glossy surfaces.
3. Apply an even coating to both surfaces to be bonded. Common application is by squeeze bottle or pressure flow gun.
4. Allow the cement to set for 10-30 minutes or until tacky.
5. Press the surfaces together firmly and allow them to bond before use Bond strength increases with age as cement sets.
- Exceptional Bond Strength
- Easy Application
- Waterproof - Outstanding resistance to temperature and weather extremes, chemicals, oil, fuel and grease
- Remains Flexible
|Tack Time:||10-30 minutes|
|Temperature Range:||-30-200 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Coverage:||1 oz./sq. ft. (bonded area)|
Adding this item to your shopping cart will eliminate any air transportation shipping methods. The order can ONLY be shipped Ground to the 48 contiguous United States.
Offline viewing of PDF documents requires Adobe Reader.Download Adobe Reader >