You may also like
SnapRite® Twist-Lock Die is a uniquely designed die that installs Twist-Lock fasteners to canvas using a standard rivet tool. This die works in conjunction with the SnapRite Button Die to quickly and easily install Twist-Lock, also known as Common Sense®, fasteners.
Install Twist-Lock fasteners on your boat for accurate positioning. The key to this system is the use of a SnapRite Mandrel and using snap components that have a hole down the center. The SnapRite Twist-Lock Die Kit requires the use of SnapRite Buttons. The purchase of the 1/8" Drill Hole Cutter (sold separately) makes cutting holes for the buttons easy. This system works with any standard rivet tool; so buying a new tool is unnecessary if you already have one.
SnapRite Twist-Lock Die Kit Instructions:
- Place fastener on fabric and mark the desired location.
- Using the cutting block as a backer, drill holes in the marked location.
- Depress the levers and screw in the button die into the rivet tool.
- Place a mandrel through the hole in the Twist-Lock Die.
- Line up the fastener snap through the bottom so the barrel protrudes.
- Guide the mandrel through the button into the rivet gun.
- Be sure the mandrel is flush with the bottom on the Twist-Lock Die.
- Use the tool to rivet the button.
- Repeat for the second button.