SnapRite® Twist-Lock Die
SnapRite® Twist-Lock Die is a uniquely designed die that installs Twist-Lock fasteners to canvas using a standard rivet tool. This die works in conjunction with the SnapRite Button Die to quickly and easily install Twist-Lock, also known as Common Sense®, fasteners.
Install Twist-Lock fasteners on your boat for accurate positioning. The key to this system is the use of a SnapRite Mandrel and using snap components that have a hole down the center. The SnapRite Twist-Lock Die Kit requires the use of SnapRite Buttons. The purchase of the 1/8" Drill Hole Cutter (sold separately) makes cutting holes for the buttons easy. This system works with any standard rivet tool; so buying a new tool is unnecessary if you already have one.
SnapRite Twist-Lock Die Kit Instructions:
- Place fastener on fabric and mark the desired location.
- Using the cutting block as a backer, drill holes in the marked location.
- Depress the levers and screw in the button die into the rivet tool.
- Place a mandrel through the hole in the Twist-Lock Die.
- Line up the fastener snap through the bottom so the barrel protrudes.
- Guide the mandrel through the button into the rivet gun.
- Be sure the mandrel is flush with the bottom on the Twist-Lock Die.
- Use the tool to rivet the button.
- Repeat for the second button.
Ratings & Reviews
Useful addition to SnapRite system
This die expands the versatility of the SnapRite system to the installation of twist lock two screw studs to cloth. It works well and is an extremely useful and clever addition. One does have to be cautious not to use a button whose barrel is too long. Perhaps it should have been included in the SnapRite "Complete" Set.
by Chris -
An excellent addition to the very clever SnapRite system. This works very well to attach twist locks firmly to fabric.