Ultraleather® Coast Conch Outdoor Fabric is a premium indoor/outdoor performance fabric. Designed for longevity, this solid cream PVC-free faux-leather fabric tailors easily, cleans effortlessly and maintains a subtle texture similar to the surface of genuine leather. Made from 100% polyurethane with a polyester blended underside, Ultraleather Coast is an incredibly long-lasting, sophisticated choice for indoor, outdoor and marine upholstery applications. Ultraleather boasts a rich texture, extremely supple hand and supreme durability, making it perfect for your next project. Use Ultraleather Coast for marine, home, RV and outdoor living upholstery, cushions and home décor applications.
Please Note: This fabric is non-returnable.
Tips for Sewing Ultraleather:
- Recommended Accessories: Ultraleather is a slippery and stretchy fabric. When sewing panels together, the bottom layer will feed faster than the top (in most cases) even if you use a walking foot sewing machine. We recommend using Seamstick 1/4" Basting Tape for Canvas & Upholstery (#104167) to baste seams together prior to sewing. If sewing a cushion, be sure the double-sided tape is far away from the first stitch so it does not show up when the cushion is complete and turned right side out.
- An alternative option to using basting tape is to use Wonder Clips (#121876). When using these clips, place match-up marks along the two panels every 12 to 18 inches. This method will ensure that you sew panels together without stretching one more than the other.
- Needles: You do not need a specialty needle for Ultraleather. A standard size #16 Round/Sharp Point needle works great.
- Thread: Use nylon upholstery thread in a size V-69 or smaller. Since the fabric stretches, the nylon thread will stretch with the fabric when an occupant sits on the cushion or upholstered piece. A polyester thread will not stretch enough. Opting for the nylon upholstery thread should help prolong your fabric's life at the seams.
- Stitch Length: We recommend a 4mm to 5mm stitch length when sewing Ultraleather.
- Machine Tension: The upper tension should be reduced as much as possible. It is wise to see a little bit of the thread knot on the bottom side of the fabric. This will almost eliminate wrinkles and puckers that naturally happen when sewing a seam.
- Animal-friendly leather alternative.
- Treated with an antimicrobial agent to inhibit the growth of mildew and bacteria.
- Cleans easily with just soap and water, or with a bleach solution for stubborn stains.
- Resistant to salt and chlorinated water to withstand marine environments.
- Enhanced UV resistance and colorfastness for outdoor use.
- Climate control technology — fabrics stay cool in warmer weather and resist cold weather stiffening and cracking.
Ultraleather® Coast Terra 54" Outdoor Fabric (#123549) shown.
|Sale Unit:||Sold per linear yard|
|Fabric Content:||100% Polyurethane (Surface); 65% Polyester, 35% Rayon (Backing)|
|Fabric Design:||Faux Leather, Solid & Variegated|
|Popular Collection:||Ultraleather Coast|
|Weight:||11.2 ounces per square yard|
|Wear Rating:||400,000 Double Rubs (Cotton Test)|
|Care & Cleaning:||See Documents for Full Instructions|
|Special Features:||Easy to Clean, Flame Retardant, Highly Abrasion Resistant, Highly UV Resistant, Highly Water Resistant, Indoor/Outdoor Upholstery, Mold & Mildew Resistant|
|Certifications:||AATCC 147-1988, ASTM E 2180, ASTM E84 (Adhered) - Class A, ASTM G21, CA TB 117-2013, California Prop 65 Compliant , FWVSS 302 & 95/28 Annex IV, Indoor Air Quality SCS-EC10.3-2014 v4.0, NFPA 260 - Class 1, REACH (EC1907/2006) Compliant, UFAC - Class 1|
|Fade Resistance:||1,000 light hours|
|Roll Size:||50 Yards|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||640-3797|
|Indoor:||Commercial/Hospitality Seating, Décor & Upholstery|
|Marine:||Exterior Cushions, Exterior Upholstery, Interior Cushions, Interior Upholstery|
|Outdoor Living:||Cushions, Upholstery|
|RV & Auto:||Auto Upholstery, RV Cushions, RV Upholstery|
Offline viewing of PDF documents requires Adobe Reader.Download Adobe Reader >