How to Make a Refrigerator Doorstop
At the end of boating or camping season when you’re getting your boat or RV ready for winter storage, you need to do some prep work to the refrigerator. Unplug the unit and clean it thoroughly to prevent the growth of mold or mildew. Then you need to prevent the doors from latching and sealing during storage. We’ve come up with a clever solution for this. Making your own doorstop from webbing and hook-and-loop tape allows for proper ventilation of your camper’s fridge during the off season. We’ll show you how to make a simple strap in today’s how-to video.
This is a very simple yet very important project to keep in mind if you own an RV or boat with a fridge or freezer unit aboard. The last thing you want is to deal with unexpected mold and mildew growth. All you need is 2-inch nylon webbing, a small amount of hook-and-loop tape, a sample of Boat Blanket material from Sailrite, and some basic sewing tools and supplies.
Watch the video below to learn how to make this clever doorstop webbing strap for keeping your RV or boat fridge door open when in storage.
Did you find this tutorial useful? What other projects or DIYs would you like us to feature? Leave suggestions in the comments section below. We’re always looking for new project ideas. And if you are interested in more RV projects, be sure to check out our entire RV Renovation Series. We’re updating a 1987 Airstream Argosy trailer from top to bottom, inside and out. Whether you have a camper, boat or home, the projects in this series are sure to excite you. Thanks for watching and happy DIYing!
- 2" Blue Nylon Webbing (#200NYLWBL-FT)
- Nylon Hook Black 2" (#100255)
- Nylon Loop Black 2" (#100256)
- Boat Blanket Black 72" Fabric Sample 6” x 6” (#100113S)
- Tape Measure 120" (#102986)
- Chalk Pencil Cartridge Set (#121669)
- Sailrite® Edge Cordless Hotknife 18V Package (#122177)
- Tempered Cutting Glass for Hotknife (#121915)
- Wonder Clips Assorted Colors (10 pack) (#121876)
- Ultrafeed® LSZ-1 PREMIUM Sewing Machine With WorkerB® Power Pack (#311603)
- Ergonomic Thread Snips (#102991)