Sew it yourself! Hatch Canopy Kit – Sur Last Fabric has all the materials needed to make your own hatch cover. A hatch canopy is designed to protect an open hatch from sun and rain while allowing air to flow down into the cabin. The cover can be raised to increase airflow or lowered to help keep the rain and moisture out. A hatch cover also provides excellent shade over the hatch.
This hatch canopy features Sur Last, a tough, non-abrasive 100% solution-dyed polyester fabric that offers excellent weather and abrasion resistance with good breathability. The wind scoop is shaped by an aluminum pole and batten along the front edge, which can be shortened or lengthened to create a higher arch for maximum airflow and rain run-off or a lower arch to block inclement weather while allowing a little ventilation.
Attach the hatch canopy around the forestay wire, furled sail, or bow pulpit in the front and to stanchion or shrouds in the back with stabilizing lines. And adjustable webbing strap with buckle can be used to attach around a furled sail. Roll the canopy up to store.
- Sur Last Fabric - Select color from drop down menu
- V-69 White UV Polyester Thread
- Seamstick 3/8″ Basting Tape for Canvas
- Leechline Dacron 5/32″
- New England Regatta Single Braid Polyester Rope 1/4″ (6mm) White
- White Polyester 1″ Webbing
- 5 ft. Pultruded Batten Material
- 3 ft. Aluminum 7/8″ Tubing
- 2 ft. Aluminum 3/4″ Tubing
- Nylon Inside Eye End 3/4″ Black
- Nylon Inside Eye End 7/8″ Black
- Pan Head Tapping Screws 4 x 3/8″
- Double Side Release Buckle Black 1″
- Spring Ball (Stainless Steel)
- Streaming Video Instruction (online only)
|Color:||Black, Brown, Burgundy, Charcoal, Dark Green, Gray, Navy, Stone|
|Maximum Width:||56 inches|
|Maximum Length:||67 inches|
|Storage Size:||56 inches x 4 inches (Maximum Size)|