You may also like
When you need to waterproof a leather item, don’t look anywhere but Otter Wax Boot Wax Leather Protectant. This waterproofing treatment is a blend of all-natural ingredients — no chemicals or synthetic ingredients are used. Handmade in Portland, Oregon, this wax is safe to use on all types and colors of leather.
Humanely harvested beeswax and lanolin combine in this wax to provide superior waterproofing and stain resistance to leather pieces. It’s even easy to spread in hard-to-reach areas that are vulnerable to leaks, such as eyelets and seams.
Ensure that your leather goods will last for years to come by regularly waxing them to prevent water damage and stains. Use as often as needed to nourish leather clothing, footwear, bags, furniture and more.
Note: This wax will darken vegetable tanned leather. The leather may lighten a few days after application, but it won’t return to its original coloration. Don’t worry — that’s normal. Veg tan leather naturally darkens with use and product application.
- All-natural ingredients that are safe to use on all types and colors of leather.
- Waterproofing treatment that delivers long-lasting protection from moisture and stains.
- Handmade in the United States.
- Apply the wax to the leather item with a soft, lint-free cloth. Smooth the wax with your fingers to ensure an even coating and polished appearance.
- Apply more wax to areas that experience high wear, such as the toes of boots. Also apply more wax to areas that are most vulnerable to water leaks, such as seams and eyelets.
- Allow the leather to absorb the wax.
- Buff the wax with a soft-bristle brush or flannel cloth.
- Reapply the wax when you notice the leather beginning to absorb water.
- Follow up with Otter Wax Leather Oil (#123762) to shine the piece.