Otter Wax Leather Salve Conditioner 2 oz.
Otter Wax Leather Salve Conditioner is an all-natural blend of oils, butters and waxes that adds nutrients and moisture to dehydrated leather. This eco-friendly leather salve is free of chemicals and synthetic ingredients but is packed with the nutrients that leather needs. This product is handmade in Portland, Oregon, and it’s safe to use on all types and colors of leather.
This deep conditioning treatment contains shea butter, which offers moisture and essential nutrients. Carnauba wax is a second powerhouse ingredient; it creates a protective seal on the leather, ensuring that the piece retains the nutrients and moisture. The result is strong, supple and shiny leather that will resist future cracks, scuffs and other damage while staying hydrated.
Use as often as needed to nourish leather clothing, footwear, bags, furniture and more. Ensure that your leather goods will last for years to come by regularly conditioning them with this nourishing and hydrating leather salve.
Note: This salve will darken vegetable tanned leather. The leather may lighten a few days after application, but it won’t return to its original coloration. Don’t worry — that’s normal. Veg tan leather naturally darkens with use and product application.
- All-natural ingredients that are safe to use on all types and colors of leather.
- Moisturizes dehydrated leather, restoring shine and suppleness while protecting from damage.
- Handmade in the United States.
- Use a lint-free cloth to apply the salve to clean leather. Smooth the salve into seams and other hard-to-reach places with your fingers.
- Give the leather 10 to 20 minutes to absorb the salve. Once the leather has absorbed as much salve as it can, a thin, cloudy layer of wax will develop on the surface.
- Once this cloudy layer forms, use a soft-bristle brush or flannel cloth to buff the wax until it looks clear. This will create a seal to help the leather retain moisture and nutrients.
- For best results, place the leather item in a warm, dry area for up to 72 hours to allow it to fully absorb the salve.
- Repeat the cleaning process as needed.
- Follow up with Otter Wax Boot Wax Leather Protectant (#123761) to create a waterproof seal.