V-92 Sunflower Yellow UV Bonded Polyester Thread 4 oz. (1,000 yds.)
SKU: 103029
$18.95/EA
26 Available

Description

This is a smooth, bonded polyester outdoor thread that is perfect for sail and canvaswork. Bonded Sunguard polyester thread has high strength and stretch control, stability in sunlight (UVR) and resistance to needle heat, abrasion, saltwater and mildew. This polyester thread very seldom frays at the needle eye, and the consistent bonded finish minimizes the need for continual machine tension adjustments. Perfect for use on sails, tents, boat covers, awnings, outdoor canvas covers and tarps.

Use this V-92 thread with a #18 or #20 needle on 6–10-ounce fabrics (including all Sunbrella® fabrics). We recommend a #20 needle when sewing with the Sailrite® Ultrafeed® Sewing Machine.

Sailmaker's thread should pull up off the top of the cone for a smoother feed to the sewing machine and to add an extra twist in the thread. The extra twist increases thread strength, helps keep the thread from unlaying and eases tension problems.

Features:

• Improved resistance to strength loss from UV exposure over standard polyester filament thread
  • Good seam strength
  • UV resistant
  • Non-wick treatment to limit moisture migration
  • Consistent diameter and excellent ply
  • High strength and stretch control
  • Left-twist thread

Specifications

Sale Unit: EA
Color: Yellow
Brand: Sunguard
Size: V-92 / Tex 90 / Gov. F
Breaking Strength: 14.2 pounds
Cone Size: 4 ounces
Yards per Cone: 1,000 yards

At a Glance

Thread Use: Outdoor

Videos

Reviews

Overall Rating : 3.78 9 Reviews

Page 1 of 1
isdoro sonido
11/27/2020
Verified Purchase

Thanks

caven
7/13/2020
Verified Purchase

just what I needed!!

Brian Tuuri
6/3/2020
Verified Purchase

Strong and Bright for flight.

Bright vivid color. Just what I'm looking for. Sewed up some sample material for my next project which is the interior of a Stits Playboy aeroplane.

Sailrite Response

Cool project! Be sure to send us some photos and the story when you're done. We love this stuff!

Charlote Sturgill
11/27/2019
Verified Purchase

V-92 Sunflower thread!

Love the V-92 sunflower polyester thread, great color!!!

Linda
1/15/2017

Sewing multi-layered leather projects

I am using these threads (bought tan, black, white and sunflower this time) to sew my leather bags, pouches and wrist bands. This is high quality thread that works great on my three and four layers of 3-4 ounce leather.

shawn alexander
2/7/2020
Verified Purchase

Ok

MC Traveler
10/28/2017

Good thread, not really yellow.

I bought this to sew standard yellow polyester webbing. The webbing is bright canary = lemon yellow. This thread is dull and gold colored. Good thread, not really yellow.

Ritchie Adams
9/3/2020
Verified Purchase

I needed and expected in couple days, USPS was very slow, took over a week, the project was completed with white thread, could not wait for the yellow thread. I was told would have in time, it was very disappointing.

Sailrite Response

Sailrite can set a delivery expectation, but cannot control the eventual delivery time once your order leaves our warehouse. All carriers have been experiencing delays due to a high volume of packages. I'm sorry your thread was delayed!

Steven Kern
10/27/2020
Verified Purchase

Not what I needed.

Not what I needed. After reading return policy I came to discover that it is certainly impossible to return item when original box is missing and some of the original packaging is slightly damaged. Cost me $26 to not get what I needed.

Sailrite Response

Sailrite wants you to be happy with your purchase! Please call us at 260-244-4647 to discuss the issue of returning your merchandise.

Page 1 of 1

HAVE A QUESTION OR NEED TO PLACE AN ORDER?

We're located in Indiana and would be happy to answer your calls Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm EST.

LOCAL: (260) 244-4647 | TOLL FREE: (800) 348-2769