What Is the WorkerB® Power Pack?
At Sailrite®, we’re always working to improve our world-class sewing machines. In 2021 we introduced the WorkerB Power Pack. The WorkerB is a revolutionary motor system designed for our Ultrafeed® Walking Foot Sewing Machines. No other portable motor offers the power and control of the WorkerB. Read on to see what all the buzz is about and why you need to upgrade your Ultrafeed to the WorkerB Power Pack Motor System.
The unrivaled power of the WorkerB motor system is an industry game changer. The WorkerB offers the best of both worlds: unrivaled power with the portability you need to get the most out of your machine. If you’ve ever struggled with controlling your stitch speed or felt like you were sewing too fast, you need the WorkerB. If your sewing machine has ever struggled through dense assemblies or stopped working when it couldn’t handle a project, you need the WorkerB. Whether you’re an upholsterer, sailmaker, canvasworker or hobbyist, you need the WorkerB. Your sewing will never be the same.
WorkerB Power Pack Features:
- More Powerful Motor: With the WorkerB, your machine will have more power than ever before — even from a complete stop. The WorkerB motor gives your machine 2.5 times the power of other portable machines.
- Power-Boosting Technology: When the machine encounters resistance from changes in fabric thickness or density, the control box provides a boost in torque to power through.
- Speed Control: The dial on the control box allows for easy speed adjustments without losing any power. Whether your comfort level is 1 stitch per second or 550 stitches per minute, the WorkerB provides maximum power at any speed.
- Designed With Use in Mind:
- We built a light outlet into the control box so you can plug the WorkerB® Integrated Light or Flex20 LED Light right into the machine to provide bright, concentrated light exactly where you need it. No need to hunt for an extension cord or find a free outlet!
- An on/off switch allows you to shut the motor off with the machine plugged in. If the foot pedal is accidentally pressed, the machine won’t run and the needle won’t move. This is a great safety feature if you have small children or pets.
- The ergonomic balance wheel has a grooved edge, so it’s easier to rotate when operating the machine by hand.
- Foot Control Pedal: A large range of pedal movement provides unrivaled slow speed acceleration.
How Does Speed Control Work?
With the WorkerB, you have unprecedented control of your sewing speed. We designed a speed control dial that allows you to set your top end sewing speed without compromising any power or starting torque. With a simple rotation of the dial, you set the maximum top end speed: Turn the dial to the right (toward the plus sign) to increase speed and to the left (toward the minus sign) to reduce speed. No matter how you engage the foot pedal, the machine won’t sew any faster than the setting on the dial.
The improved design of the WorkerB foot control pedal provides sophisticated speed control. Even with the dial turned all the way to the right, you can slow down your sewing by taking advantage of the increased acceleration arc. The communication between the pedal and the machine has been finely tuned to respond earlier in the pedal’s movement, so you have more finesse when speeding up or slowing down.
Check out the speed control technology in action:
Will the WorkerB Fit My Machine?
A crucial part of our design phase was making sure the WorkerB would be compatible with all versions of the Ultrafeed Sewing Machine. If you have an older Ultrafeed machine, even one from 20 years ago, you can swap out your current universal motor for the WorkerB and experience power and control like never before. If you own an Ultrafeed, the WorkerB will work on your machine. Not only is the WorkerB Power Pack compatible with the Posi-Pin®, but it also works with friction clutches.
Is the WorkerB a Rebranded Motor System?
Definitely not. The WorkerB motor system is a Sailrite-exclusive design two years in the making. We partnered with a larger well known power tool manufacturer to engineer the proprietary circuitry. Our mission was to ensure each motor met our speed, power and portability standards.
This revolutionary motor system is found exclusively at Sailrite. No other portable sewing machine on the market will have a motor with the speed, power and control of the WorkerB. If you’re ready to step up your sewing with more power and even greater slow speed control, it’s time to upgrade to the WorkerB. We can’t wait to see what you sew with this revolutionary portable motor system.
Footnote: This blog was updated in January 2023 to include the latest WorkerB Power Pack offerings and information.