Sew it yourself! Spinnaker Sock Kit 33'1" to 36' lets you make your own spinnaker sleeve. Spinnaker socks are popular with both cruising and racing sailors because they make setting and dousing a spinnaker easy, as well as protect your valuable sail investment. Widely used by both cruising and racing sailors, a spinnaker sock is a tapered sleeve generally made from a light, breathable polyester mesh. The Sailrite® Spinnaker Sock Kit features a white sock with a colored exterior pocket (pocket color varies) to indicate any twist in the sock. A continuous line is run through the pocket to raise and lower it, as well as keeping the lines from getting tangled in the chute.
Sailrite’s tapered spinnaker sock design is extremely effective and easy to make. This Spinnaker Sock Kit can be made on a home sewing machine. Scissors and a hotknife, wood burning tool or other tool for sealing openings will also be needed to complete the kit.
Please Note: This Spinnaker Sock Kit is for SLE (spinnaker leech length) of 33'1"-36'.
Ordering Information: For spinnakers, select the sock size based on the sail's SLE — spinnaker leech length.
- 12 yards Ripstop Nylon Fabric (color varies)
- 12 yards White Mesh
- 1 yard White Dacron® Sailcloth
- 1 roll Seamstick 1/4" Basting Tape
- 37 feet Teal Regatta Lite Single Braid 1/4" (6 mm) Polypropylene Rope
- 47 feet Yellow Regatta Lite Single Braid 3/8" (10mm) Polypropylene Rope
- 6 feet White Dacron® Leechline
- 5 feet White 2" Webbing
- 2 feet White 1" Webbing
- 6 feet White Dacron® 2" Tape (Not Adhesive Backed)
- 1 foot White 1" Loop Velcro
- 1 foot White 1" Hook Velcro
- 1 each 12" Stainless Steel Hoop
- Cone White UV Polyester Thread
- 1 #17 Hand Sewing Needle
- 1 Waxed Bobbin 5-ply Twine
- 1 Harken® 092 Cheek Bullet Block
- 1 Strop for Spinnaker Sock Kits
- 1 Sailrite® Adhesive Backed Logo
- 1 Set of Detailed Instructions
- White polyester mesh fabric allows sail to dry when stored
- Reinforced wear points
- Colorful exterior pocket visually indicates twists in sock
- Stainless steel hoop holds bottom of sock open when raising or lowering
- Control line attaches to rope harness, which attaches to hoop
- Harken block at top of sock allows line to run smoothly
- Wire pennant with head swivel keeps sock from interfering with sail shape
- Kink-free 3/8” control line
- Exterior nylon pocket holds single continuous control line to eliminate fouling and keep the line of contact with the sail