Spinnaker Sock Kit 36' 1" to 39'
Sew it yourself! Spinnaker Sock Kit 36'1" to 39' lets you make your own spinnaker sleeve. Spinnaker socks are popular with both cruising and racing sailors because they make setting and dousing a spinnaker easy, as well as protect your valuable sail investment. Widely used by both cruising and racing sailors, a spinnaker sock is a tapered sleeve generally made from a light, breathable polyester mesh. The Sailrite® Spinnaker Sock Kit features a white sock with a colored exterior pocket (pocket color varies) to indicate any twist in the sock. A continuous line is run through the pocket to raise and lower it, as well as keeping the lines from getting tangled in the chute.
Sailrite’s tapered spinnaker sock design is extremely effective and easy to make. This Spinnaker Sock Kit can be made on a home sewing machine. Scissors and a hotknife, wood burning tool or other tool for sealing openings will also be needed to complete the kit.
Please Note: This Spinnaker Sock Kit is for SLE (spinnaker leech length) of 36'1"–39'.
Ordering Information: For spinnakers, select the sock size based on the sail's SLE — spinnaker leech length.
- 13 yds. Ripstop Nylon Fabric (color varies)
- 13 yds. White Mesh
- 1 yd. White Dacron® Sailcloth
- Seamstick 1/4" Basting Tape
- 39 ft. Teal Regatta Lite Single Braid 1/4" (6mm) Polypropylene Rope
- 49 ft. Yellow Regatta Lite Single Braid 3/8" (10mm) Polypropylene Rope
- 6 ft. White Dacron® Leechline
- 5 ft. 2" Seat Belt Webbing
- 2 ft. 1" Webbing
- 6 ft. White Dacron® 2" Tape (Not Adhesive Backed)
- 1 ft. 1" Loop
- 1 ft. 1" Hook
- 1 12" Stainless Steel Hoop
- White UV Polyester Thread
- 1 #17 Hand Sewing Needle
- 1 Waxed Bobbin 5-ply Twine
- 1 Harken® 092 Cheek Bullet Block
- 1 Strop for Spinnaker Sock Kits
- 1 Sailrite® Adhesive Backed Logo
- 1 Set of Detailed Instructions