3M™ General Trim Spray Adhesive 18.1 oz.
3M™ General Trim Adhesive is a clear, high-strength spray adhesive that works great for gluing lightweight headliners and fabrics. 3M General Trim Adhesive is non-staining, as well as heat- and moisture-resistant. This is a great glue for adhering headliner material to your bulkhead and for adhering polyurethane foam, Dry Fast foam and Closed Cell foam to itself. It bonds materials such as lightweight carpeting and lightweight headliners, including cloth-backed vinyl and foam-backed vinyl headliner. 3M General Trim bonds fabric and plastics to themselves, wood, fiberglass and metal surfaces. Good soak in control, minimizing possibility of bleed through.
Sailrite® has tested and approved 3M General Trim Adhesive for use with any of our headliner materials. For 72-inch-wide headliners, you can cover 1-1/2 yards per can. For 54-inch-wide headliners, you can cover 3 yards per can.
Note: This product is not recommended for polyethylene, polypropylene or polystyrene foam.
Shipping Note: This item is flammable. Flammable items can only be shipped Ground to the 48 contiguous United States. This item cannot ship via Post Office.
- High Strength Adhesive
- Great for lightweight headliners and carpets
- Heat and moisture resistant
Directions for Use:
- 1. Clean bonding surfaces with 3M™ Specialty Adhesive Remover (#108984) to remove dust, dirt, oil, etc., before application of the adhesive.
- 2. Remove cover and turn nozzle to desired spray pattern, which is printed on the inside rim of the can.
- 3. Shake can well before each use and periodically during use.
- 4. Hold can 6-12 inches from the surface and apply a light to moderate coating of adhesive overlapping the spray pattern on each pass.
- 5. Apply adhesive to one or both surfaces as desired. Applying to both surfaces produces a much stronger bond and is recommended whenever possible. Sailrite recommends applying two coats of adhesive to each surface, applying the second coat in the opposite direction of the first.
- 6. Allow the product to dry between coats if multiple coats are needed to provide sufficient adhesive for bonding. It is better to apply multiple coats than to apply one heavy coat of product. Most applications perform best with 3 coats of adhesive in areas with protrusions or depressions.
- 7. Allow the adhesive to dry until tacky but will not transfer to your skin when touched (typically 1-15 minutes).
- 8. Bond surfaces using firm, uniform pressure.
- 9. To prevent the spray nozzle from blocking: At the end of each day, turn the can upside down and press the tip until spray is clear from adhesive. Clean the spray tip with turpentine.
- 10. Excess adhesive and overspray can be removed from hard surfaces using 3M™ Specialty Adhesive Remover (#108984).
Ratings & Reviews
Works as they say
by Merrill Miller -
Works as they claim. Most importantly spray and wait for a few seconds.
Boat restoration project
by Michael -
My 40' sailboat restoration project is coming along nicely with the help of many products from Sailrite. I especially appreciate the "how to" videos which give me the knowledge and confidence to attack any project. The trim adhesive worked as advertised.
by Caroline -
Very happy with this product! it held up the fabric really well .:)