You may also like
Fiebing’s Acrylic Dye Pack gives you the best of painting and sealing leather in one convenient bundle! The pack contains 2-oz. bottles of Fiebing’s Acrylic Dye for Leather, a topical paint that comes in 11 vibrant colors. Plus, get a 2-oz. bottle of Fiebing's Resolene®, a water-resistant top finish that protects painted and dyed leathers and gives them a beautiful glossy finish. Two artist paintbrushes round out the box set.
Acrylic Dye and Resolene are fast-drying, flexible and water-resistant, ensuring that your leather pieces will be decorated and protected for the long haul. Use on smooth leathers such as vegetable tans and some chrome tans.
Note: Acrylic Dye for Leather may flake off over time. Reapply as needed. Do not use Resolene on suedes.
- Box set of Acrylic Dye for Leather (11 colors), Resolene and paintbrushes.
- Quick-drying topical paint and sealant are flexible and water-resistant.
- Use on smooth, natural leathers.
1. Put on disposable gloves to avoid staining your skin with paint. Cover your worktable with a mat or other sacrificial surface to protect it from stains as well.
2. Clean the leather with a deglazer or other cleaner appropriate for veg tan or chrome tan leather. While the leather dries, choose a tool that suits the area you want to paint.
3. Before using, stir Acrylic Dye for Leather well. Never shake. Apply to the leather as desired, then allow to dry thoroughly.
4. Add additional coats of paint as desired. Ensure that each coat dries fully before applying another. After adding all desired paint coats, allow the piece to dry fully.
5. To prepare the leather for Resolene, buff it with a piece of sheep wool or dry sponge.
6. Apply a small amount of Resolene to a lightly damp sponge or dry sheep wool. Apply one coat of Resolene liberally in a circular and back-and-forth manner, making sure the entire leather piece is evenly coated.
7. Remove any excess Resolene by continuing to work the product into the leather. Resolene dries quickly, so work efficiently.
8. Set the leather in a clean place to dry overnight. You can also use a hair dryer on medium heat to speed up the drying time.
9. Buff the entire surface with a clean, dry piece of sheep wool or soft cloth until you achieve your desired gloss and shine level.
Disclaimer: Resolene and Acrylic Dye for Leather will not work properly if frozen.