Fiebing's Acrylic Dye for Leather Black 2 oz.
Fiebing’s Acrylic Dye for Leather is a topical leather paint you can use to add character and personality to your handmade leather goods or to class up store-bought leather items. Use the colors as they come, or try mixing or diluting them to create a completely custom hue.
Whatever painting tools you have, Acrylic Dye for Leather will work for you! Use a paintbrush, wool dauber, sponge, cloth, sprayer or other application tool to create unique visual effects. This fast-drying acrylic paint is flexible and water-resistant, ensuring that it will adorn your leather pieces for the long haul.
Use on smooth leathers such as vegetable tans and some chrome tans. It is best for natural leather, as well as being useful on deglazed and tooled leather. Acrylic Dye for Leather can also be used to finish edges.
Note: Acrylic Dye for Leather may flake off over time. Reapply as needed.
- Quick-drying, long-lasting topical paint for smooth, natural leathers.
- Flexible and water-resistant paint for solid coats or detail work.
- Can be mixed or diluted to create custom shades.
1. Put on disposable gloves to avoid staining your skin with paint. Cover your worktable with a mat or other sacrificial surface to protect it from stains as well.
2. Clean the leather with a deglazer or other cleaner appropriate for veg tan or chrome tan leather. While the leather dries, choose a tool that suits the area you want to paint.
3. Before using, stir Acrylic Dye for Leather well. Never shake. Apply to the leather as desired, then allow it to dry thoroughly.
4. Add additional coats of paint as desired. Ensure that each coat dries fully before applying another.
5. After adding all desired paint coats, allow the piece to dry fully. The paint’s true color won’t be seen until it is completely dry.
6. Clean the finished piece gently with a soft, clean cloth. Leave as-is or apply a Fiebing’s finishing coat such as Resolene®, Bag-Kote or Leather Sheen.
Disclaimer: Acrylic Dye for Leather will not work properly if frozen.