How to Install a Vinyl Window in Canvas Video
Have you ever found yourself wishing that your dodger or enclosure panels had another window? If you find yourself needing to bring a little extra visibility or light to your cockpit we have you covered! Follow our simple step-by-step video instructions for installing a clear vinyl window in an existing canvas or vinyl fabric panel.
We’ve found that the process demonstrated in the video is the best way to ensure that the canvas and vinyl take the same shape. To do this, we suggest sewing the vinyl down first, and then cutting the canvas out second. This provides a little leeway in cutting both materials—if you’re not exact, no problem!
Watch the video to see all the steps required to add a window to your canvas.
- Patterning Window (0:38)
- Basting Binding Around Window Edge (1:31)
- Basting Window to Canvas (3:35)
- Sewing Outside Window Edge (4:56)
- Removing Fabric (6:21)
- Sewing Inside Window Edge (8:32)
- Trimming Excess Binding (10:30)
- Regalite 20 Gauge Window Material Clearn (#103723)
- Seamstick 1/4" Basting Tape for Sailmaking & Vinyl (#20306)
- Grease Marking Pencil (#111002)
- Sunbrella Acrylic Binding
- V-69 or V-92 thread
Not sure which clear vinyl to use for your new windows? Our “Choosing a Clear Vinyl Window Material” guide and video (200558XHT) can lend a hand!